Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I love Maryse :love:

Cant say I agree, shes too plastic. I'm sure shes on the chopping block for being released.

Plastic girls are the best, so larger than life, it's no use having natural looking girls on TV because nobody would pay to see them. Larger than life sells tickets, it's as simple as that. Also be honest, if a girl like Maryse came on to you, would you really turn her down? I think not. Why do you think millionaires and footballer types go for girls like that? Because girls like that are at the top of the tree and only wealthy people can get them. Wealthy people can have any girl they want and they go for barbies, that should tell you all you need to know.

You are a cretin.

it's by far the most surprising and interesting thing to happen in WWE in years

The formation of Nexus a little over a year ago was infinitely more shocking than CM Punks promo last night. Lets not get too carried away here.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That Nexus angle was great wasnt it? It had far more legs that the Punk promo last night as well. You got a real sense of change with when the Nexus came together, because it was so different to what WWE normally do. The Punk interview was was a very good promo by a very good promo man. The Nexus angle looked to be fucking great. Shame how it turned out.

• Paid Members
Maybe that 65,000 buyrate has made WWE shit themselves and they're going mental again. .

What 65,000 buyrate is that then? Is that something someone just said and everyone has taken as fact? Over the Limit did 200,000.

Extreme Rules did 65,000 buys domestic (domestic buys are more important to the company than international - they make more money with domestic buys), the second lowest of all time.

• Paid Members
That Nexus angle was great wasnt it? It had far more legs that the Punk promo last night as well. You got a real sense of change with when the Nexus came together, because it was so different to what WWE normally do. The Punk interview was was a very good promo by a very good promo man. The Nexus angle looked to be fucking great. Shame how it turned out.

Yeah, I often think back to that night and think just how awesome that whole segement was. There was genuine sense of witnessing something massive. I was someone who never watched Nexus, so bar the fleeting appearances from one or two over the previous couple of months, they were largely 8 guys I've never seen, suddenly destroying the company figure head, kicking the shit out of the announcers and ripping the ring apart. The level of intrigue in the weeks and months that passed was marvelous, as they were just constantly doing group beatings on pretty much anyone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Punks promo was good and all, it was excellent in fact, but it doesnt compare. Thats fappers for you. If Triple H cuts the same promo, it gets the complete opposite reaction.

Have the heels do what things like CM Punk? If Miz and Swagger start going on about Paul Heyman and Johnny Ace every week, it's not going to suddenly overtake the ratings from the attitude era.

Last night excluded, Punk has been the only 'heel' WWE have had in years. A proper heel that you actually hate (Or love to hate). Carbomb understood it and actually explained it better than I did.

As has been pointed out above, WWE has had numerous heels. Do you mean that Punk's been the only 'heel' that you've liked?

And you still haven't answered my question -- when you say the other heels should do what Punk does, what exactly do you mean by that? Lead Nexus? Make insider references? I'm a big fan of Punk, but I'm not at all sure that there's some tangible, easily transferable aspect of his act that can just be given to Drew McIntyre or Dolph Ziggler and will make them brilliant.

I think there is something that makes him stand out from other heels like Ziggler or MciIntyre. I can't remember who said it but someone in a shoot interview said in this day and age, no-one WANTS to be a heel. Everyone wants to be a babyface to be cheered and make money. Someone like Punk wants to be a heel and rather than the bland Zigglers of this world stands out as a heel. Ziggler could be face or a heel and nothing much would change. With a guy like Punk, you know he's a heel almost instantly. 99% of the heels in the WWE, its not the case.

Of course WWE has had numerous heels, but none that REALLY stand out over the rest by doing heelish things, proper heelish things that you end up thinking "What a cunt". Wade Barrett came close during his feud with Cena, but apart from those two I can't come up with a heel that stood out more than anyone in the last ten years other than CM Punk.

The leading Nexus thing and making insider references aren't what I'm talking about. I'm not the best at getting my point across on forums or in written text, but I'm sure someone knows what I mean and could explain it better.

• Paid Members
That storyline produced two of my favourite WWE visuals ever. The initial angle, where they faded to black with no commentary and the set was ripped to pieces.

Also the big showdown before Summerslam, Team Cena v Nexus. The crowd going mental as both teams stared at each other with the hard camera shaking. It truely felt like the world was about to explode when the two groups touched.

It was going so well up until they had Wade Barrett tap out to John Cena.

• Paid Members
Punks promo was good and all, it was excellent in fact, but it doesnt compare. Thats fappers for you. If Triple H cuts the same promo, it gets the complete opposite reaction.

Well that did happen remember? Triple H's lead in to WrestleMania, where he was killing it every week with some class promos (leading to that brilliant 'Respect' promo between Michaels, Undertaker and HHH). What reaction did it get? "Nobody is buying this feud, nobody cares about Triple H's return, there's no reaction etc". The Triple H and Undertaker promo battle is still the best promo I've seen all year.

• Paid Members

This is getting treat like The Rock's return, albeit on a smaller scale. A fair amount of "non fans" are on about this on Facebook and in work and stuff.

That's a good point. I can still remember the tears and gnashing of teeth when Triple H said him and Undertaker were better than everyone. When Punk says he's better than everyone, the reaction's the other way around.

Not enough love for Mizark Henry.

"If I charge for air, YOU KEEP YOUR BILL PAID!"

Fucking awesome.

He's been awesome on every show since Capital Punishment. I try to listen to everything he says in his rant, its exactly what he needs to be taken seriously.

Raw finally gave us all a talking point, something it hasnt for a few months now. CM Punk is the most 'natural' star they've had in years. Its the little touches that make him awesome, like the superkick to the camera at the start, to the bow-arrow thing he did to HBK. Hopefully this contract ending story is just him taking a bit of a break, because to be fair, he's constantly been on TV for a while now.

I loved when he kicked the ringsteps in anger last week and limped off.

• Paid Members

"My heart don't pump no Kool-Aid!"

Mark Henry is on top form at the moment. Hopefully they don't fuck it all up for him like they did with his face run.

That's a good point. I can still remember the tears and gnashing of teeth when Triple H said him and Undertaker were better than everyone. When Punk says he's better than everyone, the reaction's the other way around.

A bit different though in the sense that Triple H outright said that nothing else mattered except him and Undertaker. Punk just said he was better than everybody.

• Paid Members

All he said was the only challenge he had left was ending the streak and the only challenge Undertaker had left was beating him. I always thought he got unjustified shit for that. I took it as saying, they've got nothing left to prove anymore. I never saw it as him burying anyone. It was only when reading the Observer (and then it was Chinese Whispered throughout the internet) that I even noticed it. I'm all for wrestlers bigging themselves up. Bad News Brown used to tell everyone in his interviews in the late 80s that nobody (heels or faces) were any good and that he'd slap them all about. If they dont believe they are better than anyone, why should the audience.

To be fair, as much as I enjoyed the stare down and their general feud, he definitely did say that nothing else matters at WrestleMania and bury the rest of the card a bit, albeit implicitly rather than explicitly doing so. They're different promos for different situations.

Archived