Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wow, I know I'm 10 pages too late, but wow.

Just fantastic, this could go brilliantly, it won't, but it really really could.

Anyone else find it strange that the only words 'blanked' out were the words 'Yes Man'? Brilliant.

Great great promo

• Paid Members

Just fantastic, this could go brilliantly, it won't, but it really really could.

Anyone else find it strange that the only words 'blanked' out were the words 'Yes Man'? Brilliant.

Great great promo

It was actually "douchebag" that was blanked, he said "yes men".

What I'm hoping is that WWE are pushing Punk like this because he is actually staying, whether it be having a little break and then coming back or staying the whole time after Money in the Bank. I can't see the logic in them pushing Punk like this, allowing him creative control over his worked shoot (which is what I've read in various places), giving him such an amazing "final" match to bow out on with the WWE Title on the line and being up against their top guy, Cena in his home town of Chicago. I really hope this means that he is actually staying and him leaving is just a part of the storyline. If it is I imagine it came about due to the dirtsheets announcing Punk is unhappy and his contract is due to end but if WWE created this whole thing I would have to take my hat off to them. Imagine if WWE actually fed the rumours out about Punk's contract coming to an end and then having Punk mention that he is unhappy and they allowed this to simmer for a few weeks in the dirtsheets, on forums, fans gossiping, allowing imaginations to run away and put two and two together (ie. contract coming to an end + unhappy Punk = Punk leaving WWE) and then all of this came from it. The likelihood is I'm just getting carried away and giving WWE too much credit there but I would love to be wrong and that is actually what happened and it has indeed been a set up from the get go.

Great great promo

On the version I saw, the guys in the truck missed "douchebag" and muted "yes men" a second later.

• Paid Members

Great great promo

On the version I saw, the guys in the truck missed "douchebag" and muted "yes men" a second later.

I did watch it through US TV so maybe there was a delay or something with the UK version?

• Paid Members

They did that a lot around WrestleMania time with the Rock. They seemed to know the key word to blank out, during the delay, but they arent on the ball. Austin said "motherfucker" at WrestleMania and they blanked out Josh Matthews!

Repo might need a lie down after reading this

- As noted before, WWE said on RAW that Mason Ryan was injured over the weekend but he didn't work any live events. F4Wonline.com reports that Ryan has suffered an injury out of the ring and will be away anywhere from six weeks to six months.

Hope its not too bad

Repo might need a lie down after reading this

- As noted before, WWE said on RAW that Mason Ryan was injured over the weekend but he didn't work any live events. F4Wonline.com reports that Ryan has suffered an injury out of the ring and will be away anywhere from six weeks to six months.

Hope its not too bad

Attempted suicide after realising he actually lost the public vote to a mexican gymnast.

• Paid Members
Well it seemed like "nothing else matters" was personal context (ie nothing else at WrestleMania mattered to him) than dismissing everything else in a general sense. The weak card didn't help, though.

Its pretty obvious thats how it was meant.

This is getting treat like The Rock's return, albeit on a smaller scale. A fair amount of "non fans" are on about this on Facebook and in work and stuff.

Not picking you out in particular TripleA, you were just the most recent poster to make a point like this. But I find it really hard to believe that things like this are happening. Raw finishes at about 4am, anyone who was talking in work about what happened in the wrestling last night, isnt a non fan.

The Nexus thing was a shock and done very well done, but for me personally I don't think it was as good or has as much potential as Punk last night.

As well as it was done I doubt anyone would of thought that the Nexus thing was real at the time

Well duh. Anyone over the age of about 10 knew the Nexus thing wasnt real at the time, because anyone over the age of 10 should now that nothing that happens in wrestling is real. Same way nobody with any common sense thinks Punk's promo was "real" either.

and although the Punk promo is a worked shoot, it has made people think twice, and I'm sure there's lots of people who legitimately believe it was a shoot.

Oh. Well, I dont really know what to say to that.

In the current environment of banned words like 'wrestling'

Are you for real?

There's even rumours going round that many of the guys back stage even thought that he had gone off script and into business for himself, which speaks volumes of how well it was done.

What sources are these? Any credible ones?

but before yesterday did anyone think WWE would be clever enough to put on a promo like that?

WWE have done really entertaining things in the past you know. The non too distant past. This is hardly the greatest thing ever. They've scripted "shoot" promos in the past. So yes, I did think they had in it their locker to be clever enough to script a "shoot" promo.

The way I look at it, if you stopped watching WWE because you didn't enjoy the product anymore and someone told you there was a group of rookies forming a new group and invading, or that the top heel in the company seemingly did a shoot promo burying the company and insulting the McMahon Family, which one would most likely make you tune back in?

The rookie group one. Because

A. I wouldnt believe it was a shoot, and

B. If it was a shoot, then the guy would be fired/suspended/taken off tv and there would be nothing to see a week later when i tuned in anyway.

• Paid Members

Loved the Punk promo, very interested to see where they go with it next... which leads me onto my main point:

Why end the show with such a fantastic live TV, can't-wait-for-next-week, worked-shoot moment on a week when they were filming 'next week' straight afterwards? The angle was clearly designed to suck in interest from smart fans, but I'd guess that over 75% of those fans will not have been able to resist reading the spoilers for next week to find out what happened next. I know that WWE can't help it if they are in Australia next week, but it's still fucking crap timing for an angle of this nature.

Anyway, I marked out for my man Mark Henry way more than I did for Punk. Henry is on fire right now. I was pissed off that they cut to adverts when he was still in mid-rant after the attack.

Well it seemed like "nothing else matters" was personal context (ie nothing else at WrestleMania mattered to him) than dismissing everything else in a general sense. The weak card didn't help, though.

Its pretty obvious thats how it was meant.

Well that's what I thought when I watched it, but it seems like a lot of people were confused.

• Paid Members

Whilst it's obvious that Punk was allowed to go out there and say stuff, why is it so beyond the realms of possibility that Punk may have pushed things a little too far towards the end, and thus was cut off for it? It struck me that, for the most part, his promo was OK-ed, but the few lines before the cut-off were so close to the bone, it could very well be that they thought he was starting to take the piss and took action. It's not like it hasn't happened before, is it? Russo and Hogan ended up in some sort of wrangling over Russo's promo on Hogan at Bash At The Beach 2000 and how he went a bit beyond the remit, so I'm not quite getting what warrants the sneering and talking down that's going on here.

None of us know what goes on in WWE - this is something we remind the smarks. Well, perhaps the anti-smarks should remember this too; I'm not saying you're wrong, but talking like anyone who speculates on things is a mong is just as arrogant any smark spouting about how Triple H holds people down or how Vince doesn't like the Internet and deliberately swerves us when we get wind of supposed booking plans. Just because WWE scripts promos as a matter of policy doesn't mean they won't or can't make the odd exception at times - it's their policy to bend or break, and if that's what they've done with Punk, however unlikely, who is anyone to claim otherwise?

It most likely is a complete work, but there is a possibility that part of it was Punk deciding to do his own thing; either way, nobody on here is so much better or more informed than anyone else that they're qualified down to those who choose to speculate.

This CM Punk situation is very devisive. However, am I right in saying we're 100% behind the idea that Mason Ryan "being injured outwith the wrestling ring" over the weekend is a total conspiracy?

I would like to also add to the Mark Henry love; however, his cage stint with The Big Show wasn't a patch on

that one time in ECW. That was fab and almost the only good thing that son of a bitch has done.

Archived