Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I do sometimes enjoy listening to the WO podcasts but most of the time I just get annoyed by how overwhelmingly negative they are about every little thing. Especially Bryan Alvarez, who's such a know-it-all cunt that it's impossible to like him. Barely possible to even tolerate him.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do sometimes enjoy listening to the WO podcasts but most of the time I just get annoyed by how overwhelmingly negative they are about every little thing. Especially Bryan Alvarez, who's such a know-it-all cunt that it's impossible to like him. Barely possible to even tolerate him.

Most of the chit-chat on those shows is shit. It reaches new levels of hilarity though when they start to discuss MMA using their pro wrestling formulas.

Why do people listen to these wrestling podcasts featuring Yank nobodies? They're no better than your random fatsos taping and talking to themselves about stuff on Youtube. Seriously, what would listening to them add to your viewing pleasure? I'm sure it takes away from it, actually.

Why do people listen to these wrestling podcasts featuring Yank nobodies? They're no better than your random fatsos taping and talking to themselves about stuff on Youtube. Seriously, what would listening to them add to your viewing pleasure? I'm sure it takes away from it, actually.

I listen daily to all of their shows and really enjoy them. They are also far from nobodies tbh.

I used to listen to them on a semi-regular basis, but have found that since i've stopped listening and stopped reading spoilers I'm actually enjoying wrestling more.

I listen daily to all of their shows and really enjoy them. They are also far from nobodies tbh.

Do you mean you listen to all podcasts/radio shows by lots of people on the subject or just one person/group? What do you get out of listening to someone generally drag down the subject you hold dear? And what do these people do when they're not hosting their shows? Honest questions bruv, I've tried listening to stuff before but they don't add anything to the experience if you ask me.

Do you mean you listen to all podcasts/radio shows by lots of people on the subject or just one person/group? What do you get out of listening to someone generally drag down the subject you hold dear? And what do these people do when they're not hosting their shows? Honest questions bruv, I've tried listening to stuff before but they don't add anything to the experience if you ask me.

I listen to most of the WO/F4W shows and then the LAW Review a RAW/IMPACT shows. Meltzer and Alvarez when not hosting shows write articles for their websites and others. They also attend numerous shows. This is their full-time job. The two guys that do the LAW podcast work for The Fight Network, so the podcasts are just part of their role within the company.

Im a regular listener to the shows aswell I prefer the Bryan & Vinny show just cos its funny & it makes me laugh but I also enjoying learning something new which I get when I listen to the shows aswell, Meltzer annoys me when he keeps cutting Bryan off if he was doing it to me Id find it very annoying.

Also I heard them on Tuesdays show talking about Slaughter wrestling someone & that there was a 3 way match to determine the new number 1 contender, did they do 2 weeks worth of tapeings then ?

Im a regular listener to the shows aswell I prefer the Bryan & Vinny show just cos its funny & it makes me laugh but I also enjoying learning something new which I get when I listen to the shows aswell, Meltzer annoys me when he keeps cutting Bryan off if he was doing it to me Id find it very annoying.

Also I heard them on Tuesdays show talking about Slaughter wrestling someone & that there was a 3 way match to determine the new number 1 contender, did they do 2 weeks worth of tapeings then ?

I agree , the Bryan & Vinny show is also my favourite and yes they taped two episodes of RAW and Smackdown this week.

Meltzer and Alvarez when not hosting shows write articles for their websites and others. They also attend numerous shows. This is their full-time job.

Well that's pretty cool. Doesn't make them far from nobodies, but I wouldn't mind a full-time job like that. Wouldn't be such a negative nancy about things though.

JR's latest blog....

"CM Punk's show closing promo on MNR is still seemingly the talk of the wrestling biz. It was the best promo that I've heard on TV in years. Can't say it was the definitive 'best ever' but it ranks among the best that I can recall. Steve Austin, who cut some memorable promos in his day, was extremely impressed with Punk's work as were several other great promo men such as JBL and Mick Foley."

"Normally when a talent is extremely passionate about a topic or an issue and speaks from their heart and not from a memorized document, the promo has a fighting chance at being stellar."

"The first thing that must be in place for a promo to be great is that it must be natural ala from the heart and not from memory plus the talent must believe in what they are saying and not simply verbally filling time. Every promo must have a reason for taking place much akin to why most matches occur especially on PPV or in TV main events"

"Talking on a wrestling show should be special, and that means all talk, and with the special meaning that all talk should have a purpose. Too much talk for talk's sake waters down the product, slows the process and disconnects with many viewers especially when it is obvious that the talents that are talking are not skilled and/or are simply reciting what they've memorized."

"Punk says that he is leaving after the MITB Ladder Match PPV in Punk's hometown of Chicago in July. He also says he's leaving WWE with the WWE Title. Those two elements certainly should make for some compelling TV on Monday Night Raw. Whether Punk wins or doesn't win the WWE Title is a hill I choose not to die upon but Punk staying in WWE is something that I personally hope happens in some shape, form or fashion. punk has as much to say about that eventual decision as anyone and as we have seen if one can predict what Punk's going to do next then take those instincts to Vegas and make some big money."

"Punk's promo was reminiscent of the Attitude Era but it was totally PG. PG can be edgy but it doesn't need to travel an uncreative, low road to be attitudinal or cool. "

Oh ok cool cheers for clearing that up Swift, also mate who are the two fighters in your sig the black guy looks like a right bad ass.

Cheick Kongo & Pat Barry. They fought on Sunday. If you haven't seen the fight you need to check it out, one of the craziest of all time.

Archived