The Beatles Appreciation Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I've spent the last couple of days doing an assignment accompanied by the Beatles.

My favourite album is still Sgt Pepper's, but I listened to Rubber Soul, Abbey Road and Revolver, and can appreciate all three of them as well.

I love the Beatles.

I used to really like The Beatles as a kid, the red and blue albums always remind me of growing up. I always loved them more when they had beards and were taking huge ammounts of drugs.

Btw has anybody ever listened to Beatallica? It's basically a bunch of Beatles songs covered in the style of Metallica. "The Thing That Should Not Let It Be" always raises a smile.

• Awards Moderator

'Here Comes The Sun' came on the radio today, and it made me wonder what it is about that song that produces so much joy in me. It never fails to make me smile and think that the world's a pretty okay place, really.

The closest I came was considering it the musical equivalent of a really nice cup of tea at that point in the day when you're gasping for one. Right down to the involuntary 'aaah' noise of contentment after the first sip / bar.

• 9 months later...
  • Paid Members

I love The Beatles and have lyrics from In My Life tattooed on my arm. It was my dad's 60th birthday last week and I got him tickets to Abbey Road for a studio tour and lecture next March. He was over the moon and, as I'm going with him, I'm really excited too.

• Paid Members

We took my mum to see the Bootleg Beatles for her birthday the other night. Fun night out. It's really more a musical stage show than it is a gig, but musically and visually they're dead-on. They do four mini-sets from different time periods, and it was really cool to see the progression of the band mapped out like that over an evening. Really made me appreciate some of the Sgt Pepper's stuff more, too. I need to get more into the Beatles in a big way. My fianc

• Paid Members
If you and Brownie don't make it to the alter, I call dibs.

Aww shucks! :love:

We took my mum to see the Bootleg Beatles for her birthday the other night. Fun night out.

The Bootleg Beatles were my first ever gig when I was 10. They played a tiny club in Wales around this time of year. My dad took my brother and I after my school Christmas concert. I've seen them about 6-8 times since then too and they're always on top form. Brilliant show.

I've never got into Sgt. Pepper's... like others seem to have and, after watching Brian Wilson presents Smile, I prefer that album.

I find it hard to get my mates into The Beatles though I'm sure some of them will like them. After recommending Revolver for so long, my mate tried the White Album and got into that more. I went for Revolver as it's more accessible, but he's a bit arty farty and appreciated White Album more.

I love The Beatles and have lyrics from In My Life tattooed on my arm.

I'd consider a Beatles tattoo, but I'd like something quite subtle. Perhaps a lyric from I've Got A Feeling, "Everybody had a wet dream".

Edited by Sphinx