The Beatles Appreciation Thread

Frankie Crisp

Keeno, as soon as you use the words "Political Correctness" to defend the actions of a cunt, or a pair of cunts in this case, then you lose.

Where was I defending? I was pointing out the difference between the 60's and now, what you could get away with then, and what you can get away with now.

I'd say

Which in a way was a good thing.
is defending to an extent.

Not really. I weas merely pointing out that freedom of speech was more relaxed back then, and your not picked up on for every little whats deemed unexceptable by society.

• Paid Members
Slightly maybe. I mean I have Spinabifida and have a Shunt in my head which does slow down my speech at times. But I can move my upper half ok. I am in a wheelchair though. But I wouldn't call me a complete Mong as such.

Oh come on, don't give wheelchair users a bad name. I don't want to be lumped in with Keeno :(

The shunt does explain a lot; it's clearly not a hard-man cancer no-selling shunt like John Hartson has, but the type of shunt that produces god-awful forum presence

Unfortunately, the speech thing would likely result in people calling you a mong, and regardless of how shit a poster you are I wouldn't wish any real-life verbal abuse on you as someone who myself has heard all manner of insult from cripple to spaz, and all that goes in-between. I'm pretty hard skinned but it can really fuck some people up pretty badly

• Awards Moderator

It could be worse, this one could have ended with references to Oasis and the other could have led to people talking about going to watch Oasis.

Anyway, here's a line after which we'll have no more talk of mental illness. Well, unless you want to talk about Paul when he recorded the Frog Chorus.

Beatles chat, GO!

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Oh come on, don't give wheelchair users a bad name. I don't want to be lumped in with Keeno

The shunt does explain a lot; it's clearly not a hard-man cancer no-selling shunt like John Hartson has, but the type of shunt that produces god-awful forum presence

Unfortunately, the speech thing would likely result in people calling you a mong, and regardless of how shit a poster you are I wouldn't wish any real-life verbal abuse on you as someone who myself has heard all manner of insult from cripple to spaz, and all that goes in-between. I'm pretty hard skinned but it can really fuck some people up pretty badly

Fair enough.

• Paid Members

Whatever happened to the motion capture remake of Yellow Submarine they were going on about about 18months ago. Didn't they even press release Peter Serefinowitz as Paul. I know that Robert Zemeckis' studio has pretty much gone under now. Is it totally dead?

• Awards Moderator
Whatever happened to the motion capture remake of Yellow Submarine they were going on about about 18months ago. Didn't they even press release Peter Serefinowitz as Paul. I know that Robert Zemeckis' studio has pretty much gone under now. Is it totally dead?

Yep, they pulled the plug and it was abandoned completely. I think at one point they'd actually cast all four of the band, as I'm sure Cary Elwes was going to be in it as well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Slightly maybe. I mean I have Spinabifida and have a Shunt in my head which does slow down my speech at times. But I can move my upper half ok. I am in a wheelchair though. But I wouldn't call me a complete Mong as such.

Alright Davros, calm it down.

I don't think there's anyone with at least half a brain has a bad word to say about the Beatles' music, personally I'm a fan of their Sgt Peppers phase, but the way their music evolved over time means you can pick up A Hard Days Night, The White Album, SPLHCB or Revolver, and it's like listening to 4 different but equally immense bands.

If I had to pick my favourite Beatles album though, I think I'd have to go with '1: The Beatles' Greatest Hits'.