The Beatles Appreciation Thread

Frankie Crisp

Little side question. What is your favourite song by each member outside of The Beatles? I would have to say:

Paul: Band On The Run

John: Jealous Guy

George: Got My Mind Set On You/When We Were Fab (can't split the two, love them equally for different reasons)

Ringo: Back Off Bugaloo

• Paid Members
Little side question. What is your favourite song by each member outside of The Beatles? I would have to say:

George: Got My Mind Set On You/When We Were Fab (can't split the two, love them equally for different reasons)

Paul: Band on The Run

John: Stranger's Room

George: The ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp

Ringo: It don't come easy

Huge Beatles fan, and a big fan of Georges solo work aswell, would probably put All Things Must Pass in my top five ever, at least 10 great songs on there he was definately my favourite solo Beatle. Been listening to alot of John's' solo work again particularly Double Fantasy and bootlegs, Double Fantasy's alot better than I remember it being, a real return to form. As for the Beatles my favourite album is probably Rubber Soul strangely, something about it I just love although I enjoy all their work. The most under-rated Beatles song for me was always Hey Bulldog, thought it was a fantastic rock song, don't think I could pick a favourite Beatles track though, changes all the time.

Can't believe I never seen this thread. The Beatles have been my favourite band since I first heard them when I was 14, in English and our teach would always put on his greatest hits album whenever he could. Been hooked since then.

It's been mentioned in this thread gently but if you haven't seen Nowhere Boy, get it seen now. Although technically it's more about John lennon growing up than anything else it really is an amazing film and awesome sound track.

It also made me love this song..

• Paid Members

Paul: Jet

John: I'm Losing You

George: My Sweet Lord (despite the plagiarism)

Ringo: You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful...and You're Mine.

• Awards Moderator

Not quite as tough as narrowing down your favourite Beatles songs, but still not easy. I was able to get Lennon and Harrison's down to three:

John: Instant Karma!/Isolation/Mind Games

George: Run Of The Mill/Hear Me Lord/The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp

Paul: Live & Let Die

Ringo: Back Off Boogaloo

The John and George list could change within the hour!

Not quite as tough as narrowing down your favourite Beatles songs, but still not easy. I was able to get Lennon and Harrison's down to three:

John: Instant Karma!/Isolation/Mind Games

George: Run Of The Mill/Hear Me Lord/The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp

Paul: Live & Let Die

Ringo: Back Off Boogaloo

The John and George list could change within the hour!

Paul: Calico Skies

John: Out The Blue

Ringo: Snookeroo

George: Give Me Love ( Give Me Peace On Earth)

• Awards Moderator

No love for 'Maybe I'm Amazed' in the consideration of Paul's solo stuff?

Also, I just realised that here is the perfect thread to boast about meeting Abe Laboriel Jr (McCartney's drummer) purely by chance on the Tube last November. I was standing near one of the doors and he just got in and stood right next to me, leading me to think, 'is that Paul McCartney's drummer? It's got to be, that's Paul McCartney's drummer! He's standing right next to me! I've got to say something!'

For those who don't know Abe Laboriel Jr and are thinking how the fuck I could immediately recognise McCartney's drummer, let me say he's quite a recognisable guy, especially if you've ever watched him drum: Youtube a recent McCartney show for proof.

Anyway, I ended up asking him if he drummed for Paul McCartney (as you do), and he said, yes, I do. We had a good bit of chat about the Hyde Park gig from last summer, his favourite songs to play ('Maybe I'm Amazed' and 'Helter Skelter'), their upcoming (at that time) South American tour, and so on. Really, really nice guy - I don't think he gets recognised too often! I was with a group of people from work, one of whom, incredibly conveniently, is a photographer, so I got a photo with him as well (will post if requested). He got off the Tube at Green Park, so my hope is that he was meeting Paul for lunch at the Ritz or something.

Sorry about the stumbling into Anecdote Alley there, but mentioning 'Maybe I'm Amazed' reminded me.