Michelle McCool

xear

Is layla meant to be face now then?

It seems that way, judging by the commentary. Cole says stuff like "Layla's always been jealous of Michelle, since day one!" But I'd say there's a chance that she'll stay Smackdown's top heel diva. Unless Natalya turns heel (a role she was shit in before) or Alicia, Kaitlyn, Tamina or Rosa stop being useless. It's quite difficult at the moment to see how the divas division on Fridays is going to play out after the draft settles. We've already had face Natalya vs heel Layla loads of times, so it'll be a bit dull if they go that way.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ian, what on earth are you talking about?

The issue with Bischoff is the only angle he knows how to pull off well is the NWO style takeover (which was ripped off from a similar angle of Japan, but thats not unusual), once that angle had run its course WCW's product was extremely poor.

Paul Heyman ripped of FMW and Memphis wrestling, never paid its wrestlers and introduced a style of wrestling which contributed to every major wrestling promotion banning what made it popular and left most of the roster crippled heaps with no money because he was a big shit head and never paid his wrestlers. Eric Bischoff gave us a live two hour Monday night wrestling program (which had never been done), cruiserweight wrestling on the international stage which the WWF would never had done and will never do and created more realistic storylines around without using brainshattering weapons and cheap heat like swearing and nudity than ECW did. At least WCW went down in style. Nobody was owed any money. In 2011, WCW's fingerprints are all over the business. Far more than ECW. That cant even be an argument.

Whilst ECW was never been as big or had anywhere near the funding or the main stream appeal, it changed the direction the industry went in the 90s, if ECW hadn't been around, would the Attitude era happened? ECW pushed the boundaries, and to this days no promotion invokes the same passion from fans as ECW.

ECW pushed boundaries to the point where you cannot do the style anymore because it cabaged the people doing it and those never reaped the benefits of it because the fat fucker never paid the people who did all the work. No way can you compare the contributions that Bischoff made to the ones Heyman made. No fucking chance. The fact your over looking them and pointing at Heyman's "storylines" which were never seen outside 1000 people and the readers of WOW magazines shows your having a stuggle with this argument. Your judging Heyman being successful, judging by the fact Vince McMahon took a style of wrestling (he'd already stole) and make money off it. The only time ECW was a success was under McMahon.

• Paid Members

It seems that way, judging by the commentary. Cole says stuff like "Layla's always been jealous of Michelle, since day one!"

That was so irritating because he constantly acted as if Layla was the heel, and Josh and Booker didn't disagree to any of it. I see now why people say Michael Cole is ruining the product.

It seems that way, judging by the commentary. Cole says stuff like "Layla's always been jealous of Michelle, since day one!"

That was so irritating because he constantly acted as if Layla was the heel, and Josh and Booker didn't disagree to any of it. I see now why people say Michael Cole is ruining the product.

That's Josh and Booker's fault for being oblivious twats though, not Cole's.

Let's rewrite history. It's WrestleMania III, and the commentary team are Jesse Ventura, Josh Matthews and Booker T. As Hogan and Andre stare each other down, Jesse says "This is all Hogan's fault, Matthews. If he'd shown his supposed friend a bit more respect,we wouldn't be in this situation".

Matthews responds by a making a noise that sounds a little bit like a beachball deflating. Booker T notes that the back of Andre's head looks like "a Tsunami, or summin'"

Who's ruining the product there?

• Paid Members

That's Josh and Booker's fault for being oblivious twats though, not Cole's.

Let's rewrite history. It's WrestleMania III, and the commentary team are Jesse Ventura, Josh Matthews and Booker T. As Hogan and Andre stare each other down, Jesse says "This is all Hogan's fault, Matthews. If he'd shown his supposed friend a bit more respect,we wouldn't be in this situation".

Matthews responds by a making a noise that sounds a little bit like a beachball deflating. Booker T notes that the back of Andre's head looks like "a Tsunami, or summin'"

Who's ruining the product there?

The thing is though, this was the go-home Smackdown before the PPV and none of the commentators had a clue. It was just as much Michael Cole's fault as it was the other two, except Cole does this on both shows.

• Paid Members

Matthews has been doing that for a while though, ignoring Cole's rantings as the utter bollocks it is, wearing an exasperated expression that just screams "let him get on with it." Not arguing with Cole doesnt say anything at this point.

For me, Michelle McCool is a great loss to the WWE's female roster.

Even though many people cite Trish Stratus as the best journey for a women's wrestler, I believe Michelle's movement through the ranks and overall development has been an inspiration to many in the locker room.

Losing the Diva Search to Christy Hemme must have been really hard on her, as Christy was never going to amount to anything. She had that faux-rock bullshit going on, annoying face, and very little in the way of in-ring ability. Michelle on the other hand clearly had the in-ring savvy, athleticism, and passion to go far. This was proven when WWE picked her up for a multi-year deal. They clearly saw in her what many fans do these days - a top WWE Diva.

She had to put up with her fair share of BS gimmicks - some of which I've struggled to even remember - but through sheer perserverance and determination, she made it into a legit wrestler. Her heel work over the past few years has been some of the best in WWE history, playing her gimmick to perfection and backing it up with in-ring work. Both solid and reliable, Michelle has been able to transcend the teaching industry AND wrestling, proving that indeed the WWE are right when they call Divas "smart, sexy and powerful" - never underestimate the intelligence of some of the divas.

Yes, she had the luck of finding her soulmate on the road in The Undertaker, and I hope one day we get a real documentary on Mark and he can talk openly about how Michelle has influenced him and how happy they are. Clearly her time in the ring is coming to an end because some things are more important than being the best in the ring. Just like Edge, Michelle can retire practically on top, knowing she's gone out at the top of her game. I, and many others, will greatly miss her contributions, and I certainly hope she gets a much deserved DVD release in the future. There aren't many Divas who get one, but Michelle is definitely one that would sell.

Personal Michelle career highlights include the victory in the Memorial Day Bikini Beach Splash Battle Royal back in 2007, her numerous title wins, and all her LayCool work. Definitely one of the best diva tag teams in history, and I have no doubt they'll steal the show at Extreme Rules. I hope we get to see the Faith Breaker one last time - probably the most perfectly performed move in the industry at the moment.

Thank you Michelle.

Having just read that I must admit that I am going to miss Michelle McCool. We watched her road from diva search loser to becoming one of the top divas in the wwf. Which road to the top out of hers and Trish Stratus's would make for a good debate. I think Michelle's road may be hard to see properly because many are blinded because of the whole "Taker thing" but imo she is a bit like HHH as in she would of got to the top anyway because she is talented, Even though it took awhile for that talent to come through.

But on the plus side LAYLA AS SMACKDOWNS TOP HEEL DIVA :thumbsup:

Always liked Michelle McCool, and if she can afford to take time off and work an intermittent schedule, why not? She's the biggest womens star WWE have produced since Trish, and 6 months off will build up a return feud with Kong nicely.

Scott Stanford is quality. He's got that perfect sports announcer voice that you don't hear too often on wrestling these days.

Either that, or Adamle return.

Actually, Adamle for Anonymous Raw GM. He makes decisions by e-mail to avoid stumbling over his words and getting mocked for it. ~

• Paid Members
Always liked Michelle McCool, and if she can afford to take time off and work an intermittent schedule, why not? She's the biggest womens star WWE have produced since Trish, and 6 months off will build up a return feud with Kong nicely.

I don't agree with that at all. It took her a hell of a long time to get a crowd reaction, and even now the reaction to her is a bit tepid. I don't have any issue with Michelle McCool, but the biggest women's star since Trish Stratus?! Seriously?! What about Melina? Torrie Wilson (Yes, I know she started in WCW)? Beth Phoenix? Mickie James? Kelly Kelly? VICKIE GUERRERO?

I don't agree with that at all. It took her a hell of a long time to get a crowd reaction, and even now the reaction to her is a bit tepid. I don't have any issue with Michelle McCool, but the biggest women's star since Trish Stratus?! Seriously?! What about Melina? Torrie Wilson (Yes, I know she started in WCW)? Beth Phoenix? Mickie James? Kelly Kelly? VICKIE GUERRERO?

I wouldnt say Michelle is a star, shes was a average diva, she was a average wrestler forthe diva's, her promo's were average. She'll not be missed at all and hopefully wont come back.

As for the best diva since Trish god no, as mentioned Mickie James is up there as number one, hell they made a effort to push candice michelle on her way to the title more than they ever did Michelle McCool. Melina is up there too.

Michelle has been booked to mean more than all of those, with the possible exception of Vickie, who's not a wrestler.

She's impressed me more than any other WWE diva of recent years, and has developed into a neat worker, IMO. Not that I watch a huge amount of WWE, but whenever I do I enjoy her work.

So what needs to change? It's not the excellent heel announcer. It's the two wet cabbages next to him. Josh Matthews' terrible performance during NXT Season 4 has soured me on him somewhat. We need....SCOTT STANFORD.

Agree with the bold bit. In general the WWE commentary had been bland and boring as fuck from the moment JBL left the announce table up til the moment Cole started heeling it up. It's Cole's job to act out, and it's up to the babyface announcers to try and put him in his place. JR and Lawler did their best work while the King was playing a heel, and after Lawler got stale JR was rejuvenated again by the challenge of having to banter with Paul Heyman.

The 'two commentators who agree on everything' model just accentuated how dull and formulaic the WWE was for several years pre-2010; disagreements at the desk give it a more dynamic feel.

Ian, what on earth are you talking about?

The issue with Bischoff is the only angle he knows how to pull off well is the NWO style takeover (which was ripped off from a similar angle of Japan, but thats not unusual), once that angle had run its course WCW's product was extremely poor.

Paul Heyman ripped of FMW and Memphis wrestling, never paid its wrestlers and introduced a style of wrestling which contributed to every major wrestling promotion banning what made it popular and left most of the roster crippled heaps with no money because he was a big shit head and never paid his wrestlers. Eric Bischoff gave us a live two hour Monday night wrestling program (which had never been done), cruiserweight wrestling on the international stage which the WWF would never had done and will never do and created more realistic storylines around without using brainshattering weapons and cheap heat like swearing and nudity than ECW did. At least WCW went down in style. Nobody was owed any money. In 2011, WCW's fingerprints are all over the business. Far more than ECW. That cant even be an argument.

Whilst ECW was never been as big or had anywhere near the funding or the main stream appeal, it changed the direction the industry went in the 90s, if ECW hadn't been around, would the Attitude era happened? ECW pushed the boundaries, and to this days no promotion invokes the same passion from fans as ECW.

ECW pushed boundaries to the point where you cannot do the style anymore because it cabaged the people doing it and those never reaped the benefits of it because the fat fucker never paid the people who did all the work. No way can you compare the contributions that Bischoff made to the ones Heyman made. No fucking chance. The fact your over looking them and pointing at Heyman's "storylines" which were never seen outside 1000 people and the readers of WOW magazines shows your having a stuggle with this argument. Your judging Heyman being successful, judging by the fact Vince McMahon took a style of wrestling (he'd already stole) and make money off it. The only time ECW was a success was under McMahon.

I love ECW but I honestly can't argue against any of this, also listening to Heyman and his cock sucking cronies (Tommy Dreamer for example) cry over WCW raiding ECW talent makes me cringe.

Archived