Michelle McCool

xear

• Paid Members
Always liked Michelle McCool, and if she can afford to take time off and work an intermittent schedule, why not? She's the biggest womens star WWE have produced since Trish, and 6 months off will build up a return feud with Kong nicely.

I don't agree with that at all. It took her a hell of a long time to get a crowd reaction, and even now the reaction to her is a bit tepid. I don't have any issue with Michelle McCool, but the biggest women's star since Trish Stratus?! Seriously?! What about Melina? Torrie Wilson (Yes, I know she started in WCW)? Beth Phoenix? Mickie James? Kelly Kelly? VICKIE GUERRERO?

Michelle has been booked to mean more than all of those, with the possible exception of Vickie, who's not a wrestler.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that either, but even if that was the case, it still doesn't make her the biggest female star since Trish. Looking at Mickie, for example - she was booked in a huge storyline with Trish Stratus before her debut Wrestlemania match led to her actually getting chants of "we love psychos" etc. Beth Phoenix was booked as the most dominating diva in the company, although she's kinda fallen by the wayside since her Smackdown move. Torrie Wilson was booked as a really big deal, and her Playboy stint made her a really big deal in the company. Michelle's actually really good in the ring, and whilst she's awful on the mic and only averagely attractive by diva standards she's been pretty solid while she's been in the announce booth, leading me to think she could actually have a future in that role, and bring something different to the WWE announce table.

However, there's no way she's the biggest wrestling female star since Trish Stratus.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The love for Mickie James in that thread above, and like Seven said in general is baffling. I never liked the psycho stalker gimmick, but things got progressively worse when it turned out that was the one interesting thing she had going for her, and they binned it to make her a pretty generic babyface.

I stand by the opinion that the only reason she ever became popular was because she was playing a lesbi-stalker, and gave pervs like SBA a massive hard-on at the thought of her and Trish doing it.

Oh, and I'd rather watch Michelle McCool over AJ 'Cuntry Bumpkin' Styles any day as well. You'd think with all his movez he'd be able to pick one he can actually do properly to be his finisher.

• Paid Members

Its all the usual suspects in that thread as well, like SBA and AJS269 who were trying to justify Mickie James being better than McCool, when its obvious she isnt. She really, really isnt. Its obviously to anyone who's seem Mickie James expose the business with some of the worst matches to ever grace our television screens. There seems to be a one sided opinion, where there are a select group of women's wrestlers that are acceptable to like whether they are shit or not. It seems to be everyone from WWE to TNA's fault that Mickie James matches are the shits, but never hers.

Its all the usual suspects in that thread as well, like SBA and AJS269 who were trying to justify Mickie James being better than McCool, when its obvious she isnt. She really, really isnt. Its obviously to anyone who's seem Mickie James expose the business with some of the worst matches to ever grace our television screens. There seems to be a one sided opinion, where there are a select group of women's wrestlers that are acceptable to like whether they are shit or not. It seems to be everyone from WWE to TNA's fault that Mickie James matches are the shits, but never hers.

This. She should do the honourable thing and fuck off into the Country Music business permanently. At least then she's just stinking up the ears and brains of those who have already had their taste in music pickled by the likes of Lonestar, The Dixie Chicks and Garth Brookes.

• Paid Members
The hard-on this forum has for Mickie James never ceases to amaze.

I'm not showing love for Mickie here, or saying she's better or worse than McCool, just that in WWE Diva terms she was a bigger star than Michelle McCool.

The one thing Mickie has going for her is that she's much better on the mic than Michelle McCool. In ring, Michelle's better - I think it's tough to argue otherwise. But on the mic Mickie's pretty good, whereas Michelle is a pretty poor actress. The psycho stalker gimmick was pretty interesting too, and made her fun to watch. I think it's perfectly acceptable to like Mickie James, and it's perfectly acceptable to like Michelle McCool. I also think it's a little bit rich of you to say: "There seems to be a one sided opinion, where there are a select group of women's wrestlers that are acceptable to like whether they are shit or not" - the comment could quite easily be reversed and thrown back at you. The very same group of wrestlers are completely unacceptable to say anything positive about by a select group of people too. Do some people overrate these women? Absolutely. Do some people go ridiculously OTT when expressing how "shit" they are? No doubt about it. To illustrate, this whole questioning of Mickie James's talent didn't come from a comment saying she was any good - simply that she was a bigger female star than Michelle McCool. You can accept someone's a star and dislike them, and you can accept someone's a star and think they're gash in every way. I'm not saying I think Mickie's as good as it gets, I'm not saying I think she's shit either.

• Paid Members
I also think it's a little bit rich of you to say: "There seems to be a one sided opinion, where there are a select group of women's wrestlers that are acceptable to like whether they are shit or not" - the comment could quite easily be reversed and thrown back at you. The very same group of wrestlers are completely unacceptable to say anything positive about by a select group of people too.

Thats not the case at all. My point is, people champion Mickie James and that ilk for being a good worker (just read that Mickie James thread if you want examples) when its arguable that she is the shits. I'm looking at it from the context of the talent involved, not through an opinion of my favourites, because if I can help it I wont watch a Michelle McCool or any women's wrestling in 2011. But due to the fact she's on shows I tend to watch like PPV's and Raw, I cant see how McCool can be classed as shit and Mickie James can be classed as a fine worker. James had a good feud with Trish, featuring rotten matches which were edited on the DVD versions because of all the blown spots and slips and thats about it. She's a nice looking girl, but thats about it. She's quite terrible.

Ah yes, the one where SBA went mental. Again.

I stand by the opinion that the only reason she ever became popular was because she was playing a lesbi-stalker, and gave pervs like SBA a massive hard-on at the thought of her and Trish doing it.

Whoah, keep me out of this!

Ive been keeping well away from posting in this thread for a reason, y'know.

Yes I've read that thread. You come across like an absolute child who can't handle a debate. Is that what you're suggesting?

:) Now now, I will not be goaded young man. I'm in a good mood today.

....but, yes, whatever your perception of my behaviour in that thread, 'tis why I am best off [aside from these posts, obviously] observing this thread from a distance.

• Paid Members
I also think it's a little bit rich of you to say: "There seems to be a one sided opinion, where there are a select group of women's wrestlers that are acceptable to like whether they are shit or not" - the comment could quite easily be reversed and thrown back at you. The very same group of wrestlers are completely unacceptable to say anything positive about by a select group of people too.

Thats not the case at all. My point is, people champion Mickie James and that ilk for being a good worker (just read that Mickie James thread if you want examples) when its arguable that she is the shits. I'm looking at it from the context of the talent involved, not through an opinion of my favourites, because if I can help it I wont watch a Michelle McCool or any women's wrestling in 2011. But due to the fact she's on shows I tend to watch like PPV's and Raw, I cant see how McCool can be classed as shit and Mickie James can be classed as a fine worker. James had a good feud with Trish, featuring rotten matches which were edited on the DVD versions because of all the blown spots and slips and thats about it. She's a nice looking girl, but thats about it. She's quite terrible.

Fair enough - I wasn't targetting you specifically by the way. If you don't like someone, you don't like someone. Personally I think Michelle McCool is really good in ring, and although it'll never happen I think she'd start winning rave reviews if she went to TNA, much like Gail Kim before her, and Tomko and A-Train when they went over to Japan. I don't think Mickie James is a fine worker, but I can tolerate her matches - she's certainly not dull to watch. Neither's Michelle, mind - it's when they give her a mic that she starts becoming grating. But as I've said, weirdly she seems pretty competent when in the announce booth. Maybe she's one of these people who'd be better without a script - she can talk, but she can't act.

Having said that, I think there's a real OTT hatred of Mickie. Not necessarily from you, Ian - and I take your point about her ring skills - but she really can't do any right for some people.

That probably did help her get over, no doubt about it, sex CAN sell. However, she played the character well, from an out of ring perspective I think she's pretty decent.

Archived