Michelle McCool

xear

nodq.com

A match pitting Michelle McCool against Layla this Sunday at Extreme Rules will carry a "loser leaves WWE" stipulation. While the match was announced as a Loser Leaves Smackdown Match Tuesday's Smackdown taping, "WWE" is overdubbed in placed of "Smackdown" during the telecast, which has already aired in Australia.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that McCool is legitimately leaving WWE, not taking time off as some speculated. Therefore, this Sunday will be her final match with WWE.

wrestlezone.com

A post today on PWInsider.com revealed that Michelle McCool is reportedly finishing up with WWE, as she will participate in a Loser Leaves Smackdown Match against former Lay-Cool partner Layla El.

We can confirm, based on conversations with several wrestlers and a key WWE insider, this move has a lot to do with the fact The Undertaker is not scheduled for TV anytime soon, and simply wants his wife at home.

McCool's tenure on Smackdown has been somewhat controversial, as she has not appeared on house shows, and only works TV tapings and pay per views. This preferential treatment rubbed a lot of the full time wrestlers the wrong way, especially since so many "part-timers" were in featured roles for WrestleMania (Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Trish Stratus, Vickie Guerrero, Snooki). To make matters worse, the Cole vs Lawler match went very long at WrestleMania, taking up valuable time that others could have used to put more of a spotlight on their own match. Agent - Producer Dean Malenko was the one who laid out the Lawler vs Cole match, and that touched off a whole locker room discussion about the part timers who get so much air time, when the house shows are hurting and pay checks are down because of it.

McCool is said to leave in WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's good graces, and is expected to return to television about the same time Undertaker appears again.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never used to be able to stand her, but she's been thoroughly enjoyable with Layla in the last 18 months. Not as bad in the ring as people make out either.

Good luck to her, hope she's not away for too long though as I think the womens division needs her.

Thank god I won't have to listen to them saying things at the same time like f'n 7 year olds any more.

Goodbye, don't come back.

Hopefully Layla will still be on TV every week. Way hotter and with a voice that doesn't sound like a horse giving birth.

Im sure essentially letting her just take a few months off at home is going to help with her heat in the locker room issues.. i know its gonna be unpaid, but what other stars would be allowed to do this?

You state something that is factually incorrect then you moan about it. Get a grip mate.

McCool, Layla and Beth Phoenix (and Kharma now, I suppose) are the only good female wrestlers they have, it'll be a shame to see her go. Still, better to get out of Our Great Sport while she's still relatively healthy.

Her Styles Clash was better than AJ's, btw.

McCool, Layla and Beth Phoenix (and Kharma now, I suppose) are the only good female wrestlers they have, it'll be a shame to see her go. Still, better to get out of Our Great Sport while she's still relatively healthy.

Her Styles Clash was better than AJ's, btw.

Better than AJ's - now your just being silly :rolleyes:

Its shocking to think she's been with WWE for nearly 7 years, time flies. Anyway as much as I wasn't a fan when she first came about, she earned my props eventually. Its purely bollocks to slag her for being Taker's wife at this point, if anything that probably put a fire under her to improve and work hard rather than put it in cruise-control cause of who her bloke is. Will I miss her on TV, probably not. Will I remember her as someone who was worth her salt as a WWE Diva, yes.

I hope in the wake of her departure, Layla gets to continue on her own as prominently as Laycool did and even surpass that part of her career.

Archived