Michelle McCool

xear

• Paid Members
Michelle McCool would be breaking necks left right and centre if weren't for the rest of the Diva division being so technically sound. Er, right?

Well considering she has done the move everyone including the not so technically sound Diva's that must be wrong.

I'm not even a McCool fan to be fair but she does her version of the clash fine.

Yes he's fucked it up a few times, and she never has, but he's probably been doing the move for about 11 years to her 3 or 4. All it would take is one Diva leaning her head forward instead of back and you'd get the same type of botch.

You would not get the same botch as the height from the mat to the top of McCool opponents head is always allot greater then the gap AJ has, If you tucked your head in from McCool's move you land on your face/forehead. AJ Jumps with it, If Kaz and SJK pulled there head back and ended up being planted on there face what would have happened is the same what happened when Maddog Max did it. If you tuck your on a botched Clash there is less chance of snapping your neck then if you lean back and get driven down onto your face.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
My argument with Seven wasn't that he preferred one to the other, it was his "AJ and his MOVEZ" shit, like that's all he can do. I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Michelle McCool is a better pro wrestler than AJ Styles.

He didn't say that, though.

My argument with Seven wasn't that he preferred one to the other, it was his "AJ and his MOVEZ" shit, like that's all he can do. I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Michelle McCool is a better pro wrestler than AJ Styles.

Nah, I'm right. I'd also rather watch a Michelle McCool match than one featuring AJ Styles and his MOVEZ~!

That was clearly the implication.

• Paid Members

To be fair if says he wants to watch the ECW Zombie over any HBK match thats up to him. He did say,

Nope, because it's not trolling. It's a different opinion to yours. Now play nice

So its nothing more then his opinion which is fair enough. The part which he was talking about being right was in reference to the styles clash move was it not?

• Paid Members

Nah, I'm right. I'd also rather watch a Michelle McCool match than one featuring AJ Styles and his MOVEZ~!

That was clearly the implication.

Not necessarily. It is possible to enjoy watching or listening to something or someone knowing full well that it isn't as good as some other stuff out there.

To be fair if says he wants to watch the ECW Zombie over any HBK match thats up to him. He did say,

Nope, because it's not trolling. It's a different opinion to yours. Now play nice

So its nothing more then his opinion which is fair enough. The part which he was talking about being right was in reference to the styles clash move was it not?

Yeah, and like I said, anyone who dismissed AJ as just a spot-monkey and just a MOVEZ!!~~ guy isn't really worth trying to argue a point with.

I wasn't arguing that McCool is a better pro-wrestler than AJ Styles. However, I would make the argument that she is. Why? Simple. Looking at the context of what pro-wrestling is, she has much more of a handle on her character than Styles does. She's a much better heel than he will ever be (to be fair they're both fairly anaemic babyfaces, and Styles would get the edge here because his moves pop the crowd). They're both poor promos but I at least buy McCool as a vapid moron when she plays her heel character. AJ's was what; "I'm the best" ? He's clearly not though.

And you know what? He is a spot-monkey. His matches resemble videogame contests. Take away his flashy moves and what's left? A WWE Cruiserweight.

• Paid Members

You like what you like at the end of the day. AJ might not be Sev's cup of tea, and McCool's matches might be quick enough to enjoy far more than a 20 minute high-flying match that he might not be into. Last year I was looking forward to a crippled Hulk Hogan wrestling in a six-man tag with against a match featuring two 50 year old blokes who can hardly move anymore. And I was looking forward to that more than Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker. You judge on your own enjoyment who's good and who isnt. Seven only said he'd rather watch McCool.

You like what you like at the end of the day. AJ might not be Sev's cup of tea, and McCool's matches might be quick enough to enjoy far more than a 20 minute high-flying match that he might not be into. Last year I was looking forward to a crippled Hulk Hogan wrestling in a six-man tag with against a match featuring two 50 year old blokes who can hardly move anymore. And I was looking forward to that more than Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker. You judge on your own enjoyment who's good and who isnt. Seven only said he'd rather watch McCool.

I know you are right, and I genuinely wasn't after an argument.

What annoyed me was Seven saying he'd rather watch her than "AJ and his MOVEZZ".

Talk like that annoys me, and quite frankly trying to compare McCool and Styles is ridiculous. They couldn't be more different and completely different things are expected of them in the companies they work for.

This has gone madly off topic and I'd rather this stopped now, so that those who want to can have a lovely chat about McCool leaving and I can wander off elsewhere.

It's not ridiculous. I did it there a couple of posts above yours.

Alright...

McCool's promo's are horrendous. Those 'breakup' skits the last few weeks have been some of the worst 'acting' in wrestling in a long time, just awful. I'd argue that, though not 'cool' or particularly smooth, AJ is far more believable and authentic on the mic, meaning I care far more about him as a character, than McCool's "seven-year-old in the playground" "Piggy James" "smelly Kelly" stuff. Styles was also a great heel when he was Christian's lackey and when he was being suckered along by Kurt Angle. AJ has far more versatility than he often gets credit for in the promo/charisma stakes.

AJ is a great babyface. One of TNA's best. He always gets great support and pops the crowd when he comes out. He's been one of the most popular non-WWE workers for years. Michelle was a total failure/pissbreak Diva when she was face. It was only when WWE put her over the entire Divas locker-room and gave her twice as much TV time as the others combined that she started to get anything resembling a character.

Overall body of work sees AJ win also. He has had countless great matches with everyone from the very good (Angle) to the good on occasion (Joe) to the often bloody awful (Abyss). He can work many styles (compared to her, having mastered only the bland WWE style) and has worked with talent from all over the world with great success.

AJ often steals the show on TNA PPV's. I can't even remember a single McCool match that stuck with me as being great. Like... ever.

Again, all completely subjective and based on opinion. So essentially a waste of time.

I bet you are super glad i bothered right!

To call AJ Styles "authentic" on the microphone makes me genuinely wonder if you have difficulty hearing. He's Shelton Benjamin-level awful. He doesn't have versatility. Everything is forced and monotone. I'm not saying Michelle is a great promo because she clearly isn't, but 1) She's more convincing than AJ and 2) sells her character better.

Of course AJ is TNA's #1 babyface. He's been there since the beginning, he's their poster boy. Factor in the mutant nature of the average IMPACT crowd and it's no great shakes that AJ gets cheered there. I would be stunned if he could get over in WWE.

I'm confused about the "Michelle got pushed hard and therefore became over" criticism. Isn't that generally how it works with the exception of some rare cases? I mean even Triple H needed similar treatment before he got accepted as one of the top guys. The same people who issue this kind of criticism are the ones who complain when WWE stop pushing someone.

Countless great matches? Well that's where subjectively really comes into it. I don't think of Styles as a wrestler. I put him in the choreographed ballet bracket that I lump Christopher Daniels and ROH guys in. If you enjoy seeing moves that you'd need to memorise the buttons to pull off in Street Fighter or Tekken, then fair enough. I don't. It's why I've always thought Rob Van Dam was gash.

Michelle McCool has managed to have decent matches in the barely-there WWE women's division. Most of the matches in that division are poor, used as the backdrop for an angle, or over in about 30 seconds. That she can accomplish something decent in that environment is pretty good. I don't want to see her in 20-minute matches, but I'm sure she could do it. AJ has been pushed as TNA's top guy for years and has had much more time and opportunity to shine; in fact you could argue that he's had similar treatment to McCool in his respective promotion in terms of exposure and going over talent.

Archived