DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1PW have announced former FSM writer Matt Barnes as their new public relations guy (now we know who wrote that shit statement last night)

Here's his first posting

One Pro Wrestling

‎(From Matt): I'm an experienced writer across various media outlets, not just wrestling, and have also been doing press and PR work in various capacities for a number of years. This had been in the pipeline for some time prior to the 1PW/FSM issues, as I actually left FSM last August when my daughter was born. What I hope I'll be able to bring to the package is a great deal of clarity and transparency in our communications with the media and with fans, as well as improved media releases and assisting with the writing of the shows etc. I'm here because I believe that 1PW offers something truly unique to British wrestling fans and, of all the companies over here, genuinely stands the best chance of putting British wrestling back on the map. More than anything, though, I'd like to remind people that there are always haters out there - the same people who slate 1PW on sites like UKFF are the same people who slated me and FSM's former editor for years when all we wanted to do was to produce great content and have a positive impact on the business - but you can't let the haters grind you down. I once saw one so-called 'fan' wish that a close friend of mine had cancer over an article he'd written. These people aren't fans. They are the cancer in this business. So, from now on if you need something clarifying, please come directly to us - don't be swayed by speculation and the crap you find online. Ask us directly and we'll try to do everything we can to help, and with advanced planning and a better relationship with the press and fans, we're hoping that 1PW will continue to go from strength to strength in the coming months. I can't answer everyone's questions personally about events to do with events, merch, refunds etc - that's Danny's area, but if you have a PR or line-up enquiry, I'm your man.

Hmmm, failed at public relations straight off the bat it seems, just another bitter guy.

When will this company just promote shows like a normal good fed instead of just going with all this constant drama. Just shut up, fuck off, then spend 6 to 8 weeks before a show promoting it normally online and even more so in the area that the show will take place instead of all this bullshit all the time.

• Paid Members

With Barnes and the cowboy editor writing for Fghiting Sprigt, the magazine was the biggest smart arse collection of musings put down on paper. Far worse than the UKFF. It was pure shit. And that cock sucking piece talking about 1PW being the best chance to put British Wrestling on the map is hilarious. Its just shite he doesnt believe, just because he's getting a pay day and now he can pretend to be 1PW's version of Sean Mooney instead of a shit scribe.

1PW have announced former FSM writer Matt Barnes as their new public relations guy (now we know who wrote that shit statement last night)

Here's his first posting

One Pro Wrestling

‎(From Matt): I'm an experienced writer across various media outlets, not just wrestling, and have also been doing press and PR work in various capacities for a number of years. This had been in the pipeline for some time prior to the 1PW/FSM issues, as I actually left FSM last August when my daughter was born. What I hope I'll be able to bring to the package is a great deal of clarity and transparency in our communications with the media and with fans, as well as improved media releases and assisting with the writing of the shows etc. I'm here because I believe that 1PW offers something truly unique to British wrestling fans and, of all the companies over here, genuinely stands the best chance of putting British wrestling back on the map. More than anything, though, I'd like to remind people that there are always haters out there - the same people who slate 1PW on sites like UKFF are the same people who slated me and FSM's former editor for years when all we wanted to do was to produce great content and have a positive impact on the business - but you can't let the haters grind you down. I once saw one so-called 'fan' wish that a close friend of mine had cancer over an article he'd written. These people aren't fans. They are the cancer in this business. So, from now on if you need something clarifying, please come directly to us - don't be swayed by speculation and the crap you find online. Ask us directly and we'll try to do everything we can to help, and with advanced planning and a better relationship with the press and fans, we're hoping that 1PW will continue to go from strength to strength in the coming months. I can't answer everyone's questions personally about events to do with events, merch, refunds etc - that's Danny's area, but if you have a PR or line-up enquiry, I'm your man.

Hmmm, failed at public relations straight off the bat it seems, just another bitter guy.

When will this company just promote shows like a normal good fed instead of just going with all this constant drama. Just shut up, fuck off, then spend 6 to 8 weeks before a show promoting it normally online and even more so in the area that the show will take place instead of all this bullshit all the time.

Whats that posted on? The art of PR is to improve public relations. So 1PW's new head of PR decides to improve its PR by slagging off its audience???????? Im still waiting for my "like" to be accepted by 1PW on Facebook because I would some real fun here.

Based on the fact that a lot of 1PW's audience was based on internet fans as they dont have a non internet oultet for promoting, then to slag off your audience is foolhardy.

If Danny does visit these threads then take this in a "critical friend" position. To have your new head of PR

1. Say he's nothing to do with events (hmmm so what part of promoting an event does PR NOT cover?) and instead directs him to you.

2. If you want people to come "directly" to your PR staff give us proper contact information not a facebook page where you have to "like" and then wait 6 weeks to be granted an audience on the page.

3. To have your PR staff slag off your audience is not a positive thing to do. Whilst "sites like UKFF" do not comprimise your full audience they do consist quite a bit of your potential market and to alienate any customers is not a positive move. How do you consider slagging your audience off to be "creating a better relationship with fans"?

4. "don't be swayed by speculation and the crap you find online." That is very poor english for PR especially from an experienced writer. Isn't online information your main source of publicity so should we swayed by "the crap you find online" at your site

They are just 4 points, i could put more but i hope you take them in a positive manner because you only get one chance to make a first impression and your PR man has said that events information isnt is remit (so what do you class as PR) and called your customers a cancer.

They can change the line-up all they want, but to everyone except the most ardent fan 1PW still comes across as wrestling fans "playing" at being promoters, which is all well & good of course, as long as you aren't actually swindling people out of money and promising shows & talent that don't then appear.

My advice, even if it's not wanted, would be to stick to being a fan and let those who are actually capable of doing the job promote wrestling shows.

Someone said "he's getting a payday" - how many people DO 1PW employ full-time? I rather got the impression that it was mainly volunteers playing at WWE rather than a company that actually pays decent wages.

Archived