John Sullivan dies : (

Quentin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They changed both the lead actresses in Goodnight Sweetheart, Michelle Holmes played Nicholas Lyndhurst's wife in the first three series, she was then replaced by Emma Amos. Dervla Kirwan played his 1940's love interest and was replaced by Liz Carling at the start of the 4th series.

Michelle Holmes played Sue in Rita, Sue and Bob Too.

The general public being such wonderful arbiters of artistic stature, the same public that in 2000 voted Robbie Williams the 2nd best vocalist of the previous Millenium?

Surely something can't be the best sitcom if it fails to connect with the audience to the point where they considered it better than any other?

The general public being such wonderful arbiters of artistic stature, the same public that in 2000 voted Robbie Williams the 2nd best vocalist of the previous Millenium?

And Ricky Gervais the 3rd greatest stand up, and Oasis' Live Forever the greatest song of all time. I put absolutely zero stock in the findings of public votes on matters of the arts.

Hold up lads. I never said OFAH was the best sitcom, the question or point was raised that if you asked around the country what was the best then OFAH would probably win, my point was that the public in 2004 did choose it as the best, whether its the best or not is always going to be down to opinion.

No you didn't but DJ Kris did, but then again it's DJ Kris.

Perhaps instead of making snide remarks you could suggest what you believe the general public would go for?

Why? I was attacking your pathetic notion that the most popular means it's the best, not what the public would vote for.

Mind you, opinion polls can get it right once in a while, after all you did win Dolt Of The Year once.

• Paid Members
Wasnt Rodney's wife from Goodnight Sweetheart in Rita, Sue and Bob Too? Another thing, didnt he start off as a cockney and then turn into a full-on posh bloke?

He started off as a run of the mill TV repair man and in the latter series his wife became a millionaire. This was seemingly to give him more slack to keep fucking off to the 1940's. He didn't change much, although his 1940's character had to make a few changes fairly early on to get out of being married to Marilyn Monroe and the like.

I never really got into Only Fools and Horses, it's a series that went well past it's prime. Maybe it's because I'm from the North and don't appreciate how important it is to be a 'geezer'. Also, Green Green Grass was/is terrible, and that Rock & Chips with him out of The Inbetweeners in just seems like Auntie trying to milk a cash cow dry.

Oh, and yes, Dervla Kirwin is totally smashable.

Archived