John Sullivan dies : (

Quentin

• Paid Members

Just seen this breaking on BBC News. He was 64.

For my money he wrote one off, if not the best british sitcoms of all time and always seemed likable in interviews.

Sad day : (

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

RIP to John Sullivan. I was surprised he was still only 64, actually, I thought he was a lot older than that.

But let's not get carried away - Only Fools & Horses is patently not our greatest sitcom of all time, even though, at its peak, it was very good. Citizen Smith was far and away his best creation.

I liked Citizen Smith, Cant stand Only Fools and Horses ( someone is going to have to explain the love to me?), Green Green Grass was awful and refuse to watch Rock and Chips. Roger Roger was alright from what I remember about it as well

RIP

• Moderators
I liked Citizen Smith, Cant stand Only Fools and Horses ( someone is going to have to explain the love to me?), Green Green Grass was awful and refuse to watch Rock and Chips. Roger Roger was alright from what I remember about it as well

RIP

Dear John was awful as well.

• Paid Members

Only Fools at its best was magical, but it went on far past that best and suffered from a lot of the later substandard resurrections/specials. To make more after you've already done the pay off of them actually becoming millionaires... people have been imprisoned for less heinous crimes.

Citizen Smith was far and away his best creation.

Power to the PEOPLE!!

Archived