John Sullivan dies : (

Quentin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Very sad news, nothing since has ever and probably will ever come close to how great Only Fools was.

So what you're saying is that is far and away the best sitcom ever or something?

Very sad news, nothing since has ever and probably will ever come close to how great Only Fools was.

So what you're saying is that is far and away the best sitcom ever or something?

Without getting into an argument of whether its the BEST SHOW EVER (everyone is entitled to an opinion after all) this is a show that has won various Bafta awards, has the highest episode ratings/viewers of a british sitcom (time on our hands) and voted Britain s best sitcom.

• Paid Members

Without getting into an argument of whether its the BEST SHOW EVER (everyone is entitled to an opinion after all) this is a show that has won various Bafta awards, has the highest episode ratings/viewers of a british sitcom (time on our hands) and voted Britain s best sitcom.

I'm aware of the accolades it's received and the high esteem it's held in. This being a discussion board, I'm challenging the implication that 'nothing has or will come close to Only Fools & Horses'.

• Paid Members

Fucking devasted at this news. What a shitty afternoon. John Sullivan is my hero. Only Fools And Horses is and forever will be my favourite TV show. IMO, it is the best thing ever written. He had some misses but he produced some utter brilliance. Whoever hasn't bothered to watch Rock and Chips needs to, it's excellent.

I don't really use RIP because I don't believe in afterlife. I hoped he lived a wonderful life and I thank him for the memories.

I'm aware of the accolades it's received and the high esteem it's held in. This being a discussion board, I'm challenging the implication that 'nothing has or will come close to Only Fools & Horses'.

I don't think with your defence of Harry Hill you're one to judge what constitutes comedy.

Shame, seemed a lovely, respected man. OFAH was okay, very funny in parts, very dull in a lot more.

• Paid Members
Whoever hasn't bothered to watch Rock and Chips needs to, it's excellent.

I found it to be really quite poor, to be honest.

Each to there own but i don't think it's anywhere close to "poor". It's certainly a lot better than Green, Green Grass (and I don't mind that TBH).

• Paid Members
I don't think with your defence of Harry Hill you're one to judge what constitutes comedy.

Defence of Harry Hill? You mean me mentioning that I liked a programme of his no more than a couple of times in the entire time I've been on this forum? You really are shit, aren't you?

• Paid Members
Why do RIP threads always descend into shit? Leave it out will ya.

Give over. It's a thread about John Sullivan carking it. Therefore it will lead to discussions about his shows. If Yoghurt wants to be the usual inaccurate cockstain in it, let him, it's no skin off my nose.

• Paid Members

Give over. It's a thread about John Sullivan carking it. Therefore it will lead to discussions about his shows. If Yoghurt wants to be the usual inaccurate cockstain in it, let him, it's no skin off my nose.

It's not about discussing the shows, it's about being a prick in a thread that doesn't need it. I've asked, now I'm telling you, leave out the insults.

Whoever hasn't bothered to watch Rock and Chips needs to, it's excellent.

I found it to be really quite poor, to be honest.

The 1st one wasn't any good but I quite like the 2nd one

I wasn't massively keen on the first one until about half way through. I watched it again though and I think it's better once you've settled into the different characters and lost the over-expectation, it's good in it's own right.

• Paid Members

The first few series of OFAH are brilliant. Around the time Rodney met Cassandra it started to slip. Rodney with dignity wasn't nearly as funny. I would still put it in my top three sitcoms of all time. Many brilliant episodes.

Can't say I care for Green Green Grass but my mum loves it so fair enough.

• Paid Members

It's not about discussing the shows, it's about being a prick in a thread that doesn't need it. I've asked, now I'm telling you, leave out the insults.

I was exercising my right to reply but seeing as though you've told me, dad, I won't call Yoghurt a cockstain again. In this thread.

Archived