Charlie Sheen is out of his mind

Mr. Seven

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Butch is right though.. It is on all the time. And though it can be infuriatingly shit at times, at least I know the characters, there will be some jokes that make me laugh, and I haven't seen it a billion times like Friends (which will probably be the only other thing on).

I'm so thankful that Fiver have got Malcolm in the Middle re-runs on weekday evenings now. That dinner time slot is pretty much the only time I watch TV (any other time it's downloaded shows I actually want to watch) and I was forever having to choose between Friends and Scrubs.

• Paid Members
I'm perfectly Mellow, to use the parlance of the 1960's. It just seems to be on all the while. And I wouldn't say seeing someone getting to look worse as a series goes on is encyclopedic. Unless all your encyclopedias were made by Ladybird.

Well, this is true, until you realise that she's a semi-regular character, rather than a main cast member. And also that you immediately identified that the way Cox killed people was via rabies. That's a pretty strong knowledge of a show you 'hate'.

I rather suspect, more than anything else, you find JD annoying. And he can be annoying, especially in the later seasons.

• Moderators

I rather suspect you're wrong. A programme which is on about 8 times a day minimum over several different platforms, watched by many of your peers, is something which you are going to have something of a base knowledge. And when I found out there was an episode where lots of people die from rabies, I decided it'd be a funny episode. Sadly I was wrong, and it was watching Gray's Anatomy or something.

Butch is right though.. It is on all the time. And though it can be infuriatingly shit at times, at least I know the characters, there will be some jokes that make me laugh, and I haven't seen it a billion times like Friends (which will probably be the only other thing on).

I'm so thankful that Fiver have got Malcolm in the Middle re-runs on weekday evenings now. That dinner time slot is pretty much the only time I watch TV (any other time it's downloaded shows I actually want to watch) and I was forever having to choose between Friends and Scrubs.

DING DING DING

• Paid Members
I rather suspect you're wrong. A programme which is on about 8 times a day minimum over several different platforms, watched by many of your peers, is something which you are going to have something of a base knowledge.

Precisely. It's this exact same shit I went through on LiveJournal years ago when I decided I was going to lay into Joss Whedon and Buffy especially. I often got shot back with "Wow, you know a lot about it for someone who hates!" Well, yes, when your two best friends are always watching it and harping on about it, your ex-girlfriend also loves it, and half your other friends are busy fellating the Whedon cunt, it's a bit hard not to know quite a lot more than the basics about it.

I like Srcubs, its not the best or anything, but it passes the time and has some funny bits..

Its a bit odd when the Janitor is a sympathetic character for tormenting the Ubercunt.. and no I didnt like Garden State either.

Kelso, Cox also make it, but I think that's more through association with Air America, Platoon, and Set it Off if im honest, that I lean towards them more Cox's rants can bore. but Kelso when on fire is immense.

But then I like Just Shoot Me.... as well

Scrubs is so shit.

"And there it was. All this time I'd been blah blah blah when preachy message was sledgehammered into my face."

"Yet despite the fact I'm a needy cunt, who repays those who fill his need with generally being an arsehole towards them in a whingy and passive way, we're still all great mates really."

Butch and JLM hit the nail on the head with Scrubs months ago.

That JLM post is a magnificent summary.

I rather suspect you're wrong. A programme which is on about 8 times a day minimum over several different platforms, watched by many of your peers, is something which you are going to have something of a base knowledge.

Precisely. It's this exact same shit I went through on LiveJournal years ago when I decided I was going to lay into Joss Whedon and Buffy especially. I often got shot back with "Wow, you know a lot about it for someone who hates!" Well, yes, when your two best friends are always watching it and harping on about it, your ex-girlfriend also loves it, and half your other friends are busy fellating the Whedon cunt, it's a bit hard not to know quite a lot more than the basics about it.

I like Buffy and Angel (haven't watched any in at least a year now though) but I have never liked Joss Whedon who always comes across as an arrogant bell-end to me, Serenity was a lot of fun but his intro on the DVD made me fucking cringe.

Has he even made a series that has gone passed two seasons since Angel got canned?

• Paid Members

Bit late to the party re: Scrubs, and I've said this elsewhere before. But JD is the most unlikeable main character from a TV series. He has no redeeming features and is actually a massive cunt. He is self-centered, inconsiderate, immature and this is not balanced by any qualities. Elliot is boring, Turk is meh and I want to punch Carla. The four main characters right there, are pretty shit.

However, it's all about the supporting cast...Kelso, Cox, Ted, Janitor & The Tod are brilliant.

• Paid Members
Bit late to the party re: Scrubs, and I've said this elsewhere before. But JD is the most unlikeable main character from a TV series. He has no redeeming features and is actually a massive cunt. He is self-centered, inconsiderate, immature and this is not balanced by any qualities. Elliot is boring, Turk is meh and I want to punch Carla. The four main characters right there, are pretty shit.

However, it's all about the supporting cast...Kelso, Cox, Ted, Janitor & The Tod are brilliant.

I'd say Rachel Green is worse, but only slightly. If someone made me choose to be friends with either JD or Rachel based purely on personality, I'd pick JD.

Archived