Charlie Sheen is out of his mind

Mr. Seven

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The main reason I like it is John C McGinley, who I think is fantastic. He's capable of putting some really quite powerful stuff into the series when it's needed (the episode where he accidentally becomes responsible for four people's deaths, and the following episode are outstanding in this regard).

That's the main reason why I hate the programme so much. He gives a load of people rabies, and they play it like it's an episode of ER with a crap soundtrack instead of the brilliance that playing it for laughs would have been.

There's so much "Hugging and Learning" in it as well, it makes me fucking sick.

This is despite the fact that it became a running joke that the characters never, ever fucking learn.

• Moderators

I dunno, whenever I saw it they'd do the shite hackneyed "I've learned something today!" style ending with a montage to soft music. There's certainly far more hugging and learning than Seinfeld or a Bottom. It is a shame that an acting talent like John C McGinley has done something as poor as scrubs really. The characters aren't even likable unlikable either. It beggars belief. Why would JD have one friend left even by the end of the first series? Why would Becky off Roseanne have him back? Why is the woman who plays Dr Cox's wife so fucking weird looking? Three vital questions.

I actually like the rabies episode and the following couple. It just jars with the goofball tone of the rest of the show. Ultimately, Scrubs was fun, lightweight crap for a series or two. Then it realised it could do a really emotional scene pretty effextively at about the same time that it started to get obsessed with in-jokes and it promptly disappeared up its own arse and became completely unbearable.

• Paid Members

I like Scrubs too, aside from JD, Elliot and Carla the rest of the main cast (Turk, Cox, Kelso, Janitor) are great characters. Kelso especially does a great job.

• Paid Members
I dunno, whenever I saw it they'd do the shite hackneyed "I've learned something today!" style ending with a montage to soft music. There's certainly far more hugging and learning than Seinfeld or a Bottom. It is a shame that an acting talent like John C McGinley has done something as poor as scrubs really. The characters aren't even likable unlikable either. It beggars belief. Why would JD have one friend left even by the end of the first series? Why would Becky off Roseanne have him back? Why is the woman who plays Dr Cox's wife so fucking weird looking? Three vital questions.

I like you Butch. You're a good poster and all that jazz.

...But for that bit in bold, come on man, what is wrong with you? Jordan? SORT YOURSELF OUT MAN.

Edit: Triple A's got it bang on the money there, the rest of the cast are a treat in Scrubs.

• Paid Members

At times, Elliot and Carla can be fine too. It helps that both are really quite hot. Christ, I forgot The Todd. Miracle Five represent, yo.

I'm not denying, at all, that Scrubs had it's down points. It ran for nine seasons, after all - even the best shows have down points at times. Frasier, despite being mostly great, had a couple of years of being insufferable. They managed to make Niles and Daphne getting together into something that made both characters downright unlikeable.

• Paid Members
I don't mind the show for throwaway tv with a couple laughs, but when has Carla ever been good?

(someone has said this exact sentence several years ago about Cheers)

I think she tends to work well with Turk - although that's partially because everybody works well with Turk. Also, when she's playing the busybody putting her nose in everywhere and trying to run everyone's lives, it's spot on. It's partially that she's very like an ex of mine, so it's pretty recognisable to me.

• Paid Members

Still no mention of Cheers. Scrubs is a bit Marmite to throw my two cents. Had a good few seasons then got a bit cliched for its own good, you still got glimmers of decent eps but after say season 3 there was never any great consistency

• Paid Members
Scrubs is so shit.

"And there it was. All this time I'd been blah blah blah when preachy message was sledgehammered into my face."

"Yet despite the fact I'm a needy cunt, who repays those who fill his need with generally being an arsehole towards them in a whingy and passive way, we're still all great mates really."

Butch and JLM hit the nail on the head with Scrubs months ago.

• Moderators

...But for that bit in bold, come on man, what is wrong with you? Jordan? SORT YOURSELF OUT MAN.

She looked good in the first couple of series, then her face went really really weird. Must have been massacred under the knife.

• Paid Members

She looked good in the first couple of series, then her face went really really weird. Must have been massacred under the knife.

Why do you spend so much time watching something you dislike? Maybe if you didn't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of a show you profess to hate, you'd be a slightly mellower person.

• Moderators

I'm perfectly Mellow, to use the parlance of the 1960's. It just seems to be on all the while. And I wouldn't say seeing someone getting to look worse as a series goes on is encyclopedic. Unless all your encyclopedias were made by Ladybird.

Archived