The random shit you forget

air_raid

• Awards Moderator
It was bam neely

Bam Neely! I'd totally forgotten he ever existed. How long was he around for, anyway?

I must be in the minority but I vividly remember Crash as an MFer/Moore-on - it only lasted a few weeks before he was released, but he fitted into the role well.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kaientai beating HHH

When was this? I remember HHH losing a 3 on 1 handicap match to the Brooklyn Brawler & Kaientai, but never to Kaientai on their own. A couple of others:

- Jesus. Gimmick played by Aaron Aguilera and had a short feud with John Cena before getting fired. Possibly some sort of associate of Carlito.

- Eric somebody or other. Had been in developmental for years as Eric Perez and Eric Escobar and was eventual given a role of a love interest of Vickie Guerrero. Lasted what seemed like a couple of weeks.

Kaientai beating HHH

When was this? I remember HHH losing a 3 on 1 handicap match to the Brooklyn Brawler & Kaientai, but never to Kaientai on their own. A couple of others:

- Jesus. Gimmick played by Aaron Aguilera and had a short feud with John Cena before getting fired. Possibly some sort of associate of Carlito.

- Eric somebody or other. Had been in developmental for years as Eric Perez and Eric Escobar and was eventual given a role of a love interest of Vickie Guerrero. Lasted what seemed like a couple of weeks.

- Didn't Jesus stab Cena in a nightclub, it led to Cena's fued with Carlito over the US belt.

- Escobar was meant to be in the original Bragging Rights match before being binned because he wasnt a 'star'

• Paid Members
Jerry Flynn fighting people IN THE BLOCK!

BUZZKILL!

:laugh: Brilliant, I knew there was a reason I clicked this thread. I'm off to youtube for some of that shit.

On the topic, I stuck in an old tape I had with WCW Worldwide on it the other day, it's full of stuff like this.

Totally forgot that Michael PS Hayes managed the awesome team of Arn Anderson and Beautiful Bobby for a short spell. This was in the Bill Watts days.

And Scott Steiner turning heel on Ricky Steamboat. Completely vanished from my memory that one, I was gutted watching that as a kid aswell.

Harley Race cutting racist promos on Ron Simmons. SUPER INVADER. Erik Watts beating Bobby Eaton :omg: Forgot all that

Oh and the Jesse The Body Arm Wrestling Invitational Tournament...Classic

Juvi winning the IWGP title in about 5 minutes on Nitro

This led to some sort of legitimate problems between WCW and New Japan as Juvi won the belt after cracking Liger over the head with a Tequila bottle. Liger then regained the title by pinning Psicosis who stood in for Juvi, and defended the belt on his behalf in the rematch. New Japan accused WCW of not respecting their titles or something to that affect.

• Paid Members
New Japan accused WCW of not respecting their titles or something to that affect.

And I believe, didn't recognize the title as having changed at all. In fairness there was nothing to be done about Psicosis as he had to wrestle instead of Juvi because Juvi had broken his own arm in the shambles of the "tequila bottle" match with Liger.

Christ, I hated/loved WcW.

• Paid Members
Kerwin White!

Nah, Kerwin White was an awesome gimmick, and the most interesting Chavo's ever been outside teaming with Eddy or Chavo Classic. It was a pretty clever gimmick too - there's a lot of consciousness among ethnic minorities worrying about being successful and thus being seen as "too white" or as having "sold out" by people in their communities.

Crash wasn't an MF'er. He didn't get to that level. He was a follower of Shannon Moore and therefore a Moore-on!

Im pretty sure he was an MF'er

He was often announced as Shannon Moore's "Moore-on".

• Paid Members

I was actually considering making a thread very similar to this, something along the lines of 'WWE superstars from the past decade that you forgot ever existed'. I was inspired by seeing this guy's name crop up in another thread...

04.jpg

He was pushed as a bit of a monster for about a month, then I can't remember what happened to him. Believe he's in Japan these days.

Nah, Kerwin White was an awesome gimmick, and the most interesting Chavo's ever been outside teaming with Eddy or Chavo Classic. It was a pretty clever gimmick too - there's a lot of consciousness among ethnic minorities worrying about being successful and thus being seen as "too white" or as having "sold out" by people in their communities.

By 'shit', i think the op just means 'stuff', not necessarily just wrestlecrap - any random thing that was forgettable, obscure, really short lived etc? Granted, when it relates to late WCW, there does seem to be a theme developing.....

- The Anvil in DX...kinda

- Pierre the one eyed deer

- Marilyndust

- The Bushwhackers turning Australian and being accompanied by a giant kangaroo

- Kevin Quinn in Too Much

- Man Mountain Rock in a hideously garish tie-dyed outift for his first few weeks that made him look like a fat hippy. And a twat.

- Savio Vega as The Carribean Kid

- The hottest men in Latin America....... Los Fabulosos!!. Not shit at all, but them lasting about a fortnight was.

- PG-13 also being great in late 99/early 00 WCW but getting to do nothing on the big shows.

- Lenny & Lodi having about 5 gimmicks in as many months. Virgil wasn't far behind them.

- Crowbars twin.

- Al Green pretending to be a dog.

- Disco Inferno under a mask at Spring Breakout 99

• Paid Members
I was actually considering making a thread very similar to this, something along the lines of 'WWE superstars from the past decade that you forgot ever existed'. I was inspired by seeing this guy's name crop up in another thread...

04.jpg

He was pushed as a bit of a monster for about a month, then I can't remember what happened to him. Believe he's in Japan these days.

Yeah, he's wrestling as The Predator, a direct homage to Bruiser Brody, as I understand it. Forgot which promotion - I think it might be IGF.

• Paid Members
- Didn't Jesus stab Cena in a nightclub, it led to Cena's fued with Carlito over the US belt.

It was initially meant to be New Jack (I am taking his word for this though, probably foolishly) in this role until the WWE realised that New Jack probably would legitimately stab Cena just about anywhere.

Archived