The random shit you forget

air_raid

I was actually considering making a thread very similar to this, something along the lines of 'WWE superstars from the past decade that you forgot ever existed'. I was inspired by seeing this guy's name crop up in another thread...

04.jpg

He was pushed as a bit of a monster for about a month, then I can't remember what happened to him. Believe he's in Japan these days.

I want one of those jackets.

I'd go with Thuggin' and Buggin' Enterprises. I can't even remember who was included in it apart from Mack. Was it D'Lo Brown and Chris Nowinski with that tremendous face mask at one time?

I hate Long as a GM. However, he makes for a cracking heel manager.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
El Hijo del Santo and Tiger Mask IV having wrestled for WWE has to be up there in the weird stakes. The whole of Los SuperAstros kinda falls under "random shit you forget".

Yeah, that series looked real fun. Then again, it's maybe not so much something we've forgotten as much as it's something that very few of us ever got the chance to see in the first place.

I saw an awesome Superastros Highlight/tribute video a few months ago, but i can't see it on Youtube or dailymotion, maybe it was on thecubsfans site. If you can find it, it's 10 fun minutes of highflying and jaw-dropping mini's spots that looked really out of place on a 1999 RAW set.

• Moderators
Remember Luther Reigns? Was there a third man with him and Angle when they were together or am I making that up? I had a lot of time for Reigns.

HE'S HAD PEAS B'FO!

The third man was Mark Jindrak.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, I remember reading about SuperAstros in WWF Magazine, but never seeing it.

I do remember a bunch of matches on WWF tv between guys like Abismo Negro, Luxor, Super Nova, Hysteria and others in various tags, 6 man and 8 man tags and thinking shit, these lads are alright. Very random.

• Paid Members
- Didn't Jesus stab Cena in a nightclub, it led to Cena's fued with Carlito over the US belt.

It was initially meant to be New Jack (I am taking his word for this though, probably foolishly) in this role until the WWE realised that New Jack probably would legitimately stab Cena just about anywhere.

Really? I was under the impression the nightclub stabbing angle was just a hasty cover-up for a real Cena injury, about a week after Jesus debuted.

was it not a cover up for him to film the marine?

I was under this impression, the whole thing was pre planned so he could have time off and there would be something ready for him to come back to.

Remember Luther Reigns? Was there a third man with him and Angle when they were together or am I making that up? I had a lot of time for Reigns.

I remember quite enjoying him for what he was and I thought he looked a bit rough which made him stand out, to me any way.

I recall some one, Show most likely, putting him through a wall I just can't remember when which makes me wonder if I've made it up.

They weren't Mexican, they were Mexicool.

Also, Headhunters in the WWF.

Didn't they have two separate cups of coffee in the WWF? There was an appearance in the 1996 Rumble where they were called The Squat Team and the pair of them were just squashed and eliminated in double quick time, then they showed up on Raw for one week a year or so later. The latter I don't remember all the specifics of but think it may have been as Cornette charges to feud with Owen & Davey Boy, but bar the initial confrontation nothing came of it.

Whilst we're on about tag teams, The Samoan Gangsta Party in the WWF. All they did was appear in the aisle for a few weeks to try and persuade Fatu to join them, before turning up in ECW.

William Regal debuting in the WWF as Steven Regal, but not as a Real Man's Man. Seemed to be pushed as a potential World Champion on commentary, but I don't know how quickly this was dropped.

Very quickly. One televised match I think, then he came back as Real Man's Man about 4 months later.

• Paid Members
Whilst we're on about tag teams, The Samoan Gangsta Party in the WWF. All they did was appear in the aisle for a few weeks to try and persuade Fatu to join them, before turning up in ECW.

Another winner! I remember it now you mention it but probably never would have unless you mentioned it. I remember those blokes but didn't know they were the Samoan Gangsta Party.

Who were The Samoan Gangsta Party?? Were they Samu and one of the less-famous ones? I just remember them beating jobbers in EcW but getting lamped by Jack & Mustafa pretty severely.

95-96 WWF TV - Challenge, Superstars etc is full of random stuff. Aldo Montoya upsetting Jeff Jarrett non title. Kwang & Hakushi teaming, then feuding. My personal favourite is the reaction Mr Perfect had when seeing Dean Douglas beat a jobber with the Perfect-Plex the first time.

"What was that, McMahon?"

Archived