The random shit you forget

air_raid

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
- Didn't Jesus stab Cena in a nightclub, it led to Cena's fued with Carlito over the US belt.

It was initially meant to be New Jack (I am taking his word for this though, probably foolishly) in this role until the WWE realised that New Jack probably would legitimately stab Cena just about anywhere.

Really? I was under the impression the nightclub stabbing angle was just a hasty cover-up for a real Cena injury, about a week after Jesus debuted.

- Didn't Jesus stab Cena in a nightclub, it led to Cena's fued with Carlito over the US belt.

It was initially meant to be New Jack (I am taking his word for this though, probably foolishly) in this role until the WWE realised that New Jack probably would legitimately stab Cena just about anywhere.

Really? I was under the impression the nightclub stabbing angle was just a hasty cover-up for a real Cena injury, about a week after Jesus debuted.

was it not a cover up for him to film the marine?

• Paid Members

Like I say, that's what New Jack claimed, but he is a twat and could easily have been lying

• Paid Members

I'm fairly sure that WWE were never seriously considering bringing New Jack in, despite anything he's ever claimed.

I also thought the Cena/Jesus stabbing angle was something they hastily thought up to cover for an injury Cena picked up when he was supposed to be feuding with Carlito.

• Paid Members
- Kevin Quinn in Too Much

Good one! I have a hazy memory of this... was Quinn a third member? Did Taylor/Christopher spectacularly kick him to the curb?

I always found it amusing that Scott Taylor got a break after nearly ten years of jobs. Duane Gil too, of course. Even Barry Horowitz got his moment in the sun. Never happened for Reno Riggens though. I remember a hilarious interview with The Quebecers in WWF Magazine where they were saying they shouldnt have been forced to wrestle the Headshrinkers because other teams were in line for a shot. I'll never forget Jacques' line of "we also made a promise to Barry Horowitz and Reno Riggens." Even as an eleven-year-old I thought "as if!"

- PG-13 also being great in late 99/early 00 WCW but getting to do nothing on the big shows.

Did I imagine it or did they have an accomplice called Frog?

The travesty that was the XFL - I only remember this now because I was re-watching the McMahon DVD a few days ago.

Would you recommend it? I have been debating whether to get it or not since it was released

- PG-13 also being great in late 99/early 00 WCW but getting to do nothing on the big shows.

Nope, your memories not deceiving you on that one. I think he was also known as Toad at other points. That period of WCW was full of strange shortlived gimmicks and what not:

- The Harris Twins as Gerald & Patrick 'Creative Control'

- Kwee Wee's valet 'Papaya'

- Dale Torborg & Chad Fortune's one and done team of 'The Pit Crew'

- Judy Bagwell

- Ryan Shamrock as the Maestro's valet 'Symphony'

- Booker T becoming a member of MIA as 'G.I. Bro'

- Elix Skipper debuting as 'Skip Over'

• Moderators

Angry Alan is oft forgotten from WCW. Also the very short lived SUPER STABLE of Renegade, Joe Gomes, Jimmy Powers and Alex Wright complete with vignette of them gaying it up on a beach in 1996.

Edit - Hetero vignette http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6nuze_du...right-jim_sport

- Kevin Quinn in Too Much

Good one! I have a hazy memory of this... was Quinn a third member? Did Taylor/Christopher spectacularly kick him to the curb?

I always found it amusing that Scott Taylor got a break after nearly ten years of jobs. Duane Gil too, of course. Even Barry Horowitz got his moment in the sun. Never happened for Reno Riggens though. I remember a hilarious interview with The Quebecers in WWF Magazine where they were saying they shouldnt have been forced to wrestle the Headshrinkers because other teams were in line for a shot. I'll never forget Jacques' line of "we also made a promise to Barry Horowitz and Reno Riggens." Even as an eleven-year-old I thought "as if!"

Can't really remember that well, i think it was mostly Quinn covering for Scott Taylor's absence for a month or so due to injury i guess. I don't recall if they were ever a trio or if there was any kind of story to explain how Quinn teaming with Christopher started and ended.

Rino Riggins did actually have a match where he wasn't treated as a complete jobber, it was w/ Steven Dunn vs the Hardyz and the WWF even referred to them by their indy name of the Tennessee Volunteers. I think that was about the closest he got to WWF stardom. Was a fun little match too iirc.

Yeah, your right. I don't think he ever made it to Nitro or Thunder though, and i only saw him in one 6-man tag in WCW which he never done much in, so i can't really comment much on him. I think he went by the name 'Toad' on the Indies though, and he may have been an Omega guy.

I remember the first time i ever saw PG-13 in WCW, it was a Thunder match and it was also the first chance i had to see Shannon Moore and Shane Helms, i think it was a six man with Chavo and Evan Karagias. Anyways, PG-13 had a good reputation and i could remember liking what i saw of them in the WWF, not so much in the NoD, but before that they had a couple of fun squashes and even a title shot v the Gunns. And Helms and Moore were praised to high heaven in all the magazines from their indy stuff as part of the Bad Street Boys, they were really put over as the future of US highflyers. So needless to say i was well hyped to see the match. Of course, it only ended up going about 90 seconds and PG-13 were never really to be seen on the big shows again, maybe other than being squashed by Steiner & Rotunda. At least we got to see plenty more of Moore & Helms work in future months.

Nope, your memories not deceiving you on that one. I think he was also known as Toad at other points. That period of WCW was full of strange shortlived gimmicks and what not:

- The Harris Twins as Gerald & Patrick 'Creative Control'

- Kwee Wee's valet 'Papaya'

- Dale Torborg & Chad Fortune's one and done team of 'The Pit Crew'

- Judy Bagwell

- Ryan Shamrock as the Maestro's valet 'Symphony'

- Booker T becoming a member of MIA as 'G.I. Bro'

- Elix Skipper debuting as 'Skip Over'

Yes remember this. The full names of them was "Patrick Fitzgerald & Gerald Fitzpatrick".

Angry Alan is oft forgotten from WCW.

Great shout on Awesome Angry Alan. I'll always remember him from that episode of Weird Weekends where he was getting promo coaching from Pez Whatley. AAA wrestled on some houseshows under that name, before becoming Alan Funk, then Kiwi, until they finally settled on Kwee Wee.

Archived