The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, patiirc said:

Also can some kind soul direct me to a reasonably priced raspberry pi with retro pi and roms.. Thanks. 

I'd also like a few pointers in this direction, please.

I was at the Pi shop in Cambridge the other week and almost bought a Pi for retro game purposes. I believe @scratchdj did a mini write up on how to set up a retro Pi, a few pages ago. If you're somewhat confident with IT it's meant to be not too difficult.

How easy is it to jailbreak those mini Megadrives and Playstations?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I'd also like a few pointers in this direction, please.

I was at the Pi shop in Cambridge the other week and almost bought a Pi for retro game purposes. I believe @scratchdj did a mini write up on how to set up a retro Pi, a few pages ago. If you're somewhat confident with IT it's meant to be not too difficult.

How easy is it to jailbreak those mini Megadrives and Playstations?

It’s a doddle to hack the mini snes, so I imagine not much different for the other mini emulators. There’s some straight forward videos on YouTube. There’s basically programs you can install on your computer, then it’s all a case of drag and dropping rom files. 

39 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s a doddle to hack the mini snes, so I imagine not much different for the other mini emulators. There’s some straight forward videos on YouTube. There’s basically programs you can install on your computer, then it’s all a case of drag and dropping rom files. 

The most notable thing is the SNES Mini runs Playstation ROMs better than the Playstation mini.

• Paid Members

I keep wanting to get to a play Expo, but I'm usually broke around the time of the one in Manchester, and the one in Blackpool is around the same time as my other half's birthday. I'll get there eventually. 

3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

@patiirc Get yourself a Pi (a Pi3 B+ will be good enough) and a 128GB Micro SD card.

Download something like this Omega 128GB image:

https://www.arcadepunks.com/omega-128gb-retropie-image-from-dz-the-last-one/

Write it to your SD card (plenty of instructions online and very easy to do).

Put the SD card in the Pi, turn on, play 🙂

Thanks for the help erm I'll see budget as have 12 weeks off to kill. I've got gendroid and pad on my phone but..  This would be amazing..