Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

fuck sake, twice thats happened recently. Sorry guys.

might be worth deleting the quote @Rey_Piste in case someone see's it whos trying to avoid spoilers.

Edited by Egg Shen
Posted
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

fuck sake, twice thats happened recently. Sorry guys.

might be worth deleting the quote @Rey_Piste in case someone see's it whos trying to avoid spoilers.

Bit late for that, it's all over the bloody place. They'd have had all of yesterday to watch it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, patiirc said:

Also can some kind soul direct me to a reasonably priced raspberry pi with retro pi and roms.. Thanks. 

I'd also like a few pointers in this direction, please.

I was at the Pi shop in Cambridge the other week and almost bought a Pi for retro game purposes. I believe @scratchdj did a mini write up on how to set up a retro Pi, a few pages ago. If you're somewhat confident with IT it's meant to be not too difficult.

How easy is it to jailbreak those mini Megadrives and Playstations?

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I'd also like a few pointers in this direction, please.

I was at the Pi shop in Cambridge the other week and almost bought a Pi for retro game purposes. I believe @scratchdj did a mini write up on how to set up a retro Pi, a few pages ago. If you're somewhat confident with IT it's meant to be not too difficult.

How easy is it to jailbreak those mini Megadrives and Playstations?

It’s a doddle to hack the mini snes, so I imagine not much different for the other mini emulators. There’s some straight forward videos on YouTube. There’s basically programs you can install on your computer, then it’s all a case of drag and dropping rom files. 

Posted
39 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s a doddle to hack the mini snes, so I imagine not much different for the other mini emulators. There’s some straight forward videos on YouTube. There’s basically programs you can install on your computer, then it’s all a case of drag and dropping rom files. 

The most notable thing is the SNES Mini runs Playstation ROMs better than the Playstation mini.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I keep wanting to get to a play Expo, but I'm usually broke around the time of the one in Manchester, and the one in Blackpool is around the same time as my other half's birthday. I'll get there eventually. 

Posted
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

@patiirc Get yourself a Pi (a Pi3 B+ will be good enough) and a 128GB Micro SD card.

Download something like this Omega 128GB image:

https://www.arcadepunks.com/omega-128gb-retropie-image-from-dz-the-last-one/

Write it to your SD card (plenty of instructions online and very easy to do).

Put the SD card in the Pi, turn on, play ?

Thanks for the help erm I'll see budget as have 12 weeks off to kill. I've got gendroid and pad on my phone but..  This would be amazing.. 

Posted

rosebud

That's an infamous although not the first money cheat for The Sims.

I don't know how famous it is but picking up the items at the beginning of Robocod in the right order, the first letters spelling CHEAT. Cake, Hammer, Earth, Apple, Tap.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...