Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, patiirc said:

Has anyone been following the Laird/ Kieren Hawken saga?

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/300891-the-review-of-a-z-of-atari-st-games-volume-3-book-retrolaird-is-trying-to-delete/#comments

Imagine Adam Bowler, but with Retrogames.

Quite simply the most batshit thing I've seen for ages including a 15 page apology which was anything but... 

He was the one behind the troll accounts attacking Octavius too, wasn't he? And all the drama surrounding Digitiser and Retro Revival?

Or am I thinking of yet another sad prick in the UK retro scene, there seems to be many.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

 I think most people wanted the mobile port of Sonic 2 because Christian Whitehead did it and it apparently vastly improved it and had a proper Hidden Palace Zone in.

Ah, ok. Better than some of the mobile ports that turned up on the latest round of the "Ultimate Megadrive Collection". 

Posted
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

He was the one behind the troll accounts attacking Octavius too, wasn't he? And all the drama surrounding Digitiser and Retro Revival?

Or am I thinking of yet another sad prick in the UK retro scene, there seems to be many.

The one and the same. 

Sad there are so many who drag the scene down 

Posted
2 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

Which one of you lot is this?

qwxY7CCGSswW.gif

Kim's OK, met her and her girlfriend at Play Blackpool in October 

Knows her stuff apparently. Not watching a 30 min youtube vid though... 

  • Paid Members
Posted

30 minutes is short for a Kim Justice vid. She does her homework, though. Made some good documentaries about puro, but she had to take them down as New Japan would kick up a fuss. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

the only one I've played of those is Cutie Suzuki no Ringside Angel, which I used to own a copy of, sold when I was short of cash, and now have again as part of a plug-in for the Mega Drive Mini. It's a great little game, with a lot of daft fun notes to it, though it's odd that they've basically licensed one real wrestler and then used a bunch of made up ones, rather than getting a promotion involved. Still, the ersatz Bull Nakano is called "Megadeath Saito", which is a top notch name.

 

Posted
23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

My Dreamcast arrived this morning so I just want to throw a sicky and go home and play it.

Don't know where to start really. So many games I want to play again. 

Try the original Ready 2 Rumble boxing, it was the first game I got with it on day of release back in 2000.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was working a ComicCon thing yesterday, and it's probably for the best I didn't bring much money...

ERd-8N_WoAEXzPs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

ERd_qXcXkAULFwE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

ERd_7JdXUAI1fDU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

Though this did make me realise that I never knew they did a Streets of Rage port on the Game Gear!

Posted

Retro game stalls at comic cons and similar are my weakness. I really should take myself along to a Play Expo or similar as I think I'd love those but it's just finding the time. They're never too near me.

Posted
6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Retro game stalls at comic cons and similar are my weakness. I really should take myself along to a Play Expo or similar as I think I'd love those but it's just finding the time. They're never too near me.

Play Margate was this weekend

Revival is next weekend in Walsall, I think. 

Then for the rest of the year there's Play Blackpool, Play Manchester, NERG Manchester, Revival Part 2. RCM Events at Bletchley Park. 

I'm sure there's loads I've missed but, in the main there is at least one covering everywhere bar Cumbria. Not sure about Scotland either 

Really good fun. 

Also can some kind soul direct me to a reasonably priced raspberry pi with retro pi and roms.. Thanks. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Play Margate was this weekend

Revival is next weekend in Walsall, I think. 

Then for the rest of the year there's Play Blackpool, Play Manchester, NERG Manchester, Revival Part 2. RCM Events at Bletchley Park. 

 

Not trying to be pedantic here, but just to clear it up, NERG is in Gateshead, not Manchester. I have to ensure people know where it is ??

Posted
11 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Not trying to be pedantic here, but just to clear it up, NERG is in Gateshead, not Manchester. I have to ensure people know where it is ??

My bad, to be fair I have had major surgery recently and am still in hospital. 

Close then?, oops sorry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...