The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

I have the Raspberry Pi 3 and it’s spot on. It came pre-loaded but I went out of my way to learn very basic Python Coding and changed  some of the visuals and settings. Got wireless Ps3 pads working on it too. Drag and drop games on and off, real easy.

They just released 4 which by the sounds of it finally has near-perfect emulation of N64, Saturn and Dreamcast which the 3 can’t handle.

• Paid Members

My mate's over from Colombia for a few weeks. We're having a geeky day today and I spotted Bubble Bobble is on PS4. I'm pretty sure I've got it on a Taito compilation somewhere for PS2, but this'll be more immediate fun when we've had enough of Street Fighter and SoulCalibur. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, FelatioLips said:

I have the Raspberry Pi 3 and it’s spot on. It came pre-loaded but I went out of my way to learn very basic Python Coding and changed  some of the visuals and settings. Got wireless Ps3 pads working on it too. Drag and drop games on and off, real easy.

They just released 4 which by the sounds of it finally has near-perfect emulation of N64, Saturn and Dreamcast which the 3 can’t handle.

Thinking of doing a bit of python coding myself . Just to learn . How did you find it ? What resources did you use ?

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Thinking of doing a bit of python coding myself . Just to learn . How did you find it ? What resources did you use ?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki

Mostly this but I googled specific things I wanted to do and then used some of these codes as references to experiment a bit.

• Paid Members

Brilliant stuff. I saw a Pi Zero with one of those cases floating around on eBay but had my doubts so that's great to hear. I probably have three or four gadgets that could be turned into a 16-bit emulation station but I just really like the look of that case.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I hear really good things about those 8-Bit Do controllers. When I finally get a PC sorted out I'll possibly pick one up. Or are they compatible with PS4/XBox One? 

• Paid Members

Might be worth a look. Could help with my street fighter, and I prefer playing retro best em ups on a pad like that as well. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

The SNES-style controllers they do are really good.

I'm a Megadrive 6-button/Saturn pad guy myself. You can piano the buttons better. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

You're a Blanka main then. 

I usually play as Dan wherever possible,,but being able to piano buttons can make combos easier to dial in.whoeveryou play as. I've been playing as Balrog (boxer) quite a bit recently.