The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

I started working my way back from #1 and was getting increasingly more incensed at the heinous disrespect of Headhunter before I realised it must have just been for the US region only. We only got it in Europe. Death threats retracted.

Respect for having Dynamite Cop so high, Die Hard Arcade is a banger in any form!

• Paid Members

I bought a Dreamcast on a whim about ten years ago, and loved it, having never played one before, so it's not even something you could credit to nostalgia. So many of the games held up surprisingly well, and there were so many gems that have been kind of forgotten to time now. I didn't really have a choice but to sell it eventually while I was out of work, unfortunately, as it's a console I'd never have wanted to part with if I had a choice. Every now and then one pops up in CEX and I'm always tempted, but don't have the space to justify another console right now.

That's one of the dreams for if and when we ever end up actually owning a house - to set up a decent range of retro consoles 

The Dreamcast was never ever going to compete with the PlayStation. It never had a chance at all.

In fact, the one kid that did have one at my school had the piss mercilessly ripped out of him big time (kids are weird) 

I'm not saying that was right as its clearly a cracking little console in hindsight (and looks incredibly cool) but when all your mates had a PlayStation, it was hard to see how the Dreamcast would have that type of pull.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Dreamcast was never ever going to compete with the PlayStation. It never had a chance at all.

In fact, the one kid that did have one at my school had the piss mercilessly ripped out of him big time (kids are weird) 

Did that have anything to do with this though?

spacer.png

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

A little off topic but I remember when the original X Box was announced and a good school friend said he was buying it instead of the PS2 and we all ripped the piss out of him due to the size of it and it’ll only play Minesweeper and Solitaire, he got well pissed off, we went over to his during the summer holidays and he indeed bought a PS2 instead.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• 2 weeks later...

This awesome 80's era WWF mod for No Mercy came out a couple of days ago! PC only and took me some tinkering but it's gorgeous with full music and even commentary, the Twitter account reposted a long tutorial which I only found after setting it up myself.

Edited by Merzbow