Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Trailer for the new Constantine TV Series coming later this year.

I've been surrounding by Australians for two years now, so my accent sensitivity is way off, but do you think his accent sounds a little put on (even though he is British) or is it just me?

However apart from that, yeah, look good. Looks like it has a half decent budget too.

He's Welsh, which was coming through very strongly in the trailer.

Ah! Just re-listened to it and can hear the Welsh now. I think my brain expected Constantine to talk with a London accent, hence why it seemed put on to me (i.e. actor tries too hard to sound East London, ends up sounding like a wally). Second time listening to it and doesn't bother me now. Cheers.

• Paid Members

Apparently Edgar Wright has left Antman due to differences with Marvel. That's a huge blow to Marvel if true not because he's irreplaceable but because it kind of ruins the image of Marvel having everything planned and sorted years in advance and everything running smoothly. If this is true they'll have to find a seriously solid replacement for this not to give negative buzz to the project.

Edgar Wright will no longer be directing Ant-Man. Apparently it will still be released on the same date, but with a new director, due to differences between Wright and the studio on their vision of the film.

• Paid Members
Apparently Edgar Wright has left Antman due to differences with Marvel. That's a huge blow to Marvel if true not because he's irreplaceable but because it kind of ruins the image of Marvel having everything planned and sorted years in advance and everything running smoothly. If this is true they'll have to find a seriously solid replacement for this not to give negative buzz to the project.

Surely him and Joe Cornish will still get a writing credit, and they'll use the bulk of their screenplay, can't see them starting from scratch so far into production.

• Paid Members

Not surprised to be honest. It's one of those films that's been in development way too long. I get the feeling it is going to be the first Marvel flop of the post Iron Man era.