Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

A little help needed from you comic fans, i got into the Quicksilver character a while back through Son of M and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of more comics/arcs etc where he is a major player. I know he had his own named comic which i'm going to grab if i can but anything else that comes to mind?

• Paid Members

Quicksilver was part of X-Factor in the 90s, written by Peter David. You'll find them on Amazon under X-Factor Visionaries, Peter David. Well worth a look.

David wrote my favourite characterisation of him as well, and why he's such an asshole most of the time. "You know what it's like when you stand behind someone at an ATM, and they're taking forever? That's what it's like for me all of the time."

Thanks for that, i would probably read more comics if it didn't cost so much, the last series i really collected was the Street Fighter, SF 2 and Turbo ect by Udon. Udon have built a great story upon the groundwork already laid down by Capcom and the artwork is superb.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje for Thor: the dark world

Mr eko or simon adebisi as he is other wise known will be Kurse/algrim. Kat dennings will also return for an "expanded" role.

there's a possible spoiler on that link as well.

Good casting, Mr Eko is bad ass. I have no problem with Kat Dennings, but all her character did in the first film was spout "Facebook lolz" and other such tedious pop culture references. Hopefully "expanded role" means none of that shit.

• Paid Members

Wachowskis rumoured for Justice League movie

Interesting rumour, I would like to see a big name director (or team) handle this project, I know the Wachowskis have wanted to make a movie of Plastic Man (one of my favourite characters) since before they even did the Matrix so they'd probably be up for it. Speed Racer was pretty cool visually so I think it would probably be in ok hands.

Think it would be a hard project to fit in one film, Marvel did it so perfectly with the Avengers and the lead up films, the whole Justice League being introduced in one go and giving everyone time to do their thing would be a hard feat to pull off.