Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I ordered the ballsed up Tesseract collectors set which got cancelled, so amazon.com sent me a free copy of the American Avengers Blu ray. Glad they did now, don't mind waiting another week or so for a much more complete version.

Edit: I just watched The Dark Knight Returns part 1 this morning, it's absolutely brilliant. Captures Miller's book perfectly and the score sets it all off nicely. Really looking forward to part 2.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members
I just watched The Dark Knight Returns part 1 this morning, it's absolutely brilliant. Captures Miller's book perfectly and the score sets it all off nicely. Really looking forward to part 2.

I know, it's awesome isn't it? They really outdid themselves

Mark Millar becomes Fox's Marvel consultant

I think this is pretty big news, Fox's Marvel stuff has always been considered to be letting the side down compared to Marvel Studios' output and with a big credible name like his hopefully that'll change, I usually like his stuff so hopefully this will be a good partnership.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Hugo Weaving won't play Red Skull again

I'm so disappointed with this, his casting was my favourite out of all the Avengers tie in movies.

The Red Skull is still important in modern day Cap storylines, I don't think he got enough screen time in The First Avenger, and I was really hoping he'd turn up again in Avengers 2 or one of the Captain America sequels.

Hugo Weaving comes across as a bit of a dick in the article I think.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

I don't think he comes across as a dick at all. At the end of the day Weaving is a theatre actor at heart and probably only did Captain America so he could pay the bills and spend the rest of his time acting in stuff he actually wants to do. I'm not suprised he wants to do more challenging and creatively rewarding stuff than playing an evil Nazi.

• Paid Members
Yeah, he comes across as very reasonable. I don't see how you got that impression..?

I've never liked actors who will happily take the money then slag off a role afterwards, it's uncool, no one forced him to do it.

The Red Skull is important in lots of future Captain America storylines and they obviously intend to make more movies , I think it sucks that he signed a contract to appear in more movies but has now openly said that if they asked him to they'd be forcing him and he doesn't want to do it. It puts them in an awkward position, omit an important character or recast a role in a billion dollar movie franchise because the actor has changed his mind about wanting to play the role.

Admittedly though the main reason is because I loved him in the role and really wanted to see him again.

• Paid Members

But couldn't they get away with re-casting it, he's got a red/prosthetic heeed, so it should be easier to do that with him then some other characters would be?

It'd probably be easier to recast him, but in the comics there has been more than one Red Skull, so it'd be very easy to get around if they needed to.Then again I'm sure they could work something out with him. :thumbsup:

I thought they would have rebooted Batman first before this but it seems that they will be doing a reverse Marvel (sort off) starting with the team up then they all get their own movies. No-one seems to be sure that Henry Cavill will definitely be in this either although you have to think he would.

But there's ages to wait yet and they could cast anyone, The Arnie Hammer for Batman was doing the rounds again a while ago so its wait and see, there's not even anything about a director yet and they are going to start shooting next year

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

I really hope the Henry Cavill Superman movie is a) Really good and b) a massive hit, it would really give them some nice momentum going into this. I hated the conclusion of the Nolan movies, I'd be perfectly happy for this to go in a more kiddie friendly colourful direction, I think Man of Steel might be quite serious though so who knows. Exciting time to be a Superhero movie adaptation fan though.