Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Looks pretty cool, I prefer a more physical villain for my superheroes but it's great he's not fighting another guy in a power suit

You don't think so? I got the clear impression from the trailer that Mandarin steals Iron Man's armour, in particular the Iron Patriot style suit..
Pretty sure tha'ts what happened, The scene with the armour getting Pepper in bed and punching a hole through the side of a plane make it quite obvious. Probably link back to the US government wanting the armour in Iron Man 2, getting the Iron Patriot / War Machine armour after the events in the Avengers and then that sly foreigner Ben Kingsley nabbing it to use with his chav sovereign rings
Maybe but...*beware, possible very very large spoiler below*In saying all of that, Mandarin looks amazing! Edited by Bowyo T

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
What's wrong with it?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I wasn't a fan, I hated the movie, hated his character and I think it's a good chance to have a new Batman that's not associated with the Nolan films, I know they were popular but they're not the be all and end all of the character and I was hoping to see something a bit more true to the comics. Pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping for.

• Paid Members
What's wrong with it?

I wasn't a fan, I hated the movie, hated his character and I think it's a good chance to have a new Batman that's not associated with the Nolan films, I know they were popular but they're not the be all and end all of the character and I was hoping to see something a bit more true to the comics. Pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping for.

Its not going to be Batman for a start. whats the point in having a Batman that isnt a Billionaire vigilante. i cant see them doing it to be honest

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'd presume that the other actor would be Gary Oldman.

It's continuity with a billion dollar movie and would be simpler than getting someone else and rebooting it i suppose. One of the reasons i can see the justice league being a mess. They are going to be up against avengers 2 and star wars 7 as well which wont help

also i thought levitt was robin/nightwing. I really like levitt though and i wouldn't object to him regardless of continuity issues

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members
What's wrong with it?

Its not going to be Batman for a start. whats the point in having a Batman that isnt a Billionaire vigilante. i cant see them doing it to be honest

Don't know how much you follow the comics but Batman has been people other than Bruce Wayne a few times including a couple of extended periods where he was Dick Grayson (the original Robin), I can see them doing that for the sake of the rub from Nolan's films

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'd presume that the other actor would be Gary Oldman.

It's continuity with a billion dollar movie and would be simpler than getting someone else and rebooting it i suppose. One of the reasons i can see the justice league being a mess. They are going to be up against avengers 2 and star wars 7 as well which wont help

also i thought levitt was robin/nightwing. I really like levitt though and i wouldn't object to him regardless of continuity issues

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I do fear it will be a mess, too late and too much of an Avengers rip off, plus DC's track record is terrible, I hope it will be good though, in my opinion the Justice League are better characters than the Avengers. This is the thing I wanted least of all for this film though.

I wish JGL would just do a Nightwing film, it would keep him away from being Batman anyway. He'd be a terrible Batman, he's so wrong it's mind boggling.

• Paid Members

Used to be a massive fan of Batman so have read most of the other 'Batmans' (Dick Grayson, Jean-Paul Valley) but there's a reason they always go back to the original characters, Happened with Spider-man during the shitty clone saga as well, people just dont like the change of character