Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
I hope Darkseid is the villain in Justice League, he'd be brilliant - I call him getting played by a black actor!

I reckon if he is indeed the villain, he will or should be played by Ron Perlman.

you an soa fan i take it? that show is fucking brilliant

Yeah, but not just SOA - he was great as Hellboy and in Blade II. I'm sure I've seen him in other things, but they don't spring to mind right now. He's got a rare combination of the big, craggy bad-ass look with articulate speech, which is perfect for Darkseid.

To be absolutely honest, though, if he were still alive, Michael Clarke Duncan might have been my first choice. But then MCD seems to be perfect for every big bastard supervillain there's ever been - I'd have probably cast him as Juggernaught as well.

• Paid Members

Final Roster for Justice League film

No Martian Manhunter, Aquaman or any of the dozens of part timers that have been in the team over the years, looks like it will be Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Fine by me, it's a shame that Martian Manhunter's been left out (as he was in the latest comic incarnation) as he's really the lynchpin of the group but I think the ones they chose will be more palatable for a casual audience, it will be hard enough to fit those 5 in a film together as it is. Can't wait for more news to start coming out, hope they nail the director/casting, I think Wonder Woman in particular is one of the hardest characters to cast.

Jimmy Olsen given sex change for man of Steel?

Looks like Jimmy might become "Jenny Olsen" in the latest Superman film.

Closer look at the designs of the suits for Iron Man 3

Still think the new suit looks ugly, way too much gold.

• Paid Members
Final Roster for Justice League film

No Martian Manhunter, Aquaman or any of the dozens of part timers that have been in the team over the years, looks like it will be Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

It just depends on what they plan on doing now. IIRC it was mentioned that this might be a stand alone universe, (away from Man of Steel) that introduces the new Batman, as well as Flash and a new Green Lantern.

At least i'll get to see Flash on the big screen, as he's a personal favourite of mine. Personally I'm not sure Justice League will work as well as Avengers, if anything mainly due to lack of pre-justice league movies, so no tie in hero movies leading to JL.

It'd be nice if we had Henry Cavill, and maybe at a strech Ryan Reynolds back for this.

• Paid Members

I think Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman don't need any introduction really, most people needed to see Thor, Captain America and Iron Man origins in their own movies to get into the characters but everyone has grown up with the Justice League.

I hope Man of Steel is a huge hit, it would set the ball rolling for Justice League nicely. I love the Flash too, I think they should've done a Flash film instead of Green Lantern, Ryan Reynolds could still have played him. He's an easy character to get into and the special effects they could use in a film if they had a bit of imagination and a good director could be incredible.

I wish all the best for the Justice League film, I can't fucking wait, I hope they do it right.

I really don't want it to have any ties to the Nolan Batman movies though (unless Christian Bale plays Batman which would never happen)

• Paid Members

For JL, I meant more in a "lead into the movie" as opposed to "origin stories" if that makes sense? Like with the Avengers, it was more than origin stories, it was the characters introduced that you'd gotten used to, as well as the hints of it all leading to The Avengers movie. By the time Avengers came out, it was a huge deal. Whilst JL will still be a big thing to many, I just don't think it'll have the same success as many non-comic book fans will be all like "Whos that? / That isn't the same batman as last time/ etc etc" , Not that it won't make any money, but i just think Avengers will come across as the better movie.

As for the movie itself, I'm personally hoping for something crazy to go down, along the lines of the the "Crisis on Infinite Earth" that involves the Flash sacrificing himself, leading into a stand alone flash movie, where Wally West becomes The Flash. The JL film could do a similar thing to have wally as Kid Flash in a background role, thus making him more familiar come the time of the Flash movie.

Man of Steel is going to be huge. I cant describe how pumped I am for that.

Edited by neil's bitch

New pictures have turned up of Nic Cage in his superman gear

Superman.png

The tweet from the DCU movie page doesn't say where they got them from though. But Jon schnepp (director/ producer of Metlocalypse) has a kickstarter at the moment to raise funds for a documentary about the Burton/Cage Superman that looks pretty interesting

Introduction video!

• Paid Members
Nah it's from a few years ago when they were going to move forward with a Superman film with Cage in the role.

Glad they didn't. Only time I've liked Cage in a superhero role was Kick Ass, and Burton got immensely irritating in the mid-90s.

• Moderators

Saw trailers for both Man of Steel and the new Iron Man at the cinema the other day.

I wasn't really too pumped for Man of Steel before but I'm starting to get a taste for it I think. Not sure I'll make a trip to the cinema for it though, unless it's getting rave reviews.

Iron Man trailer looked good, but no sign of the Extremis storyline in the trailer. Doesn't mean it won't be in the film, but I hope it makes up a significant part of the plot. Mandarin looked cool. This one will almost certainly be worth seeing on the big screen.

• Paid Members
Superman.png

I saw this a couple of days ago, it's incredible, anyone who's read more than a couple of my posts (or has seen my sig and avatar) knows I adore Superman and Nic Cage, before these were revealed there was only one blurry pic of him trying on the suit, these ones are amazing. I'm so fascinated by this film -I'd love to see a documentary on it.

Chest you've got to see Man of Steel at the cinema man, if it's not a hit they won't make the Justice League film!

Also

p-im3.jpg

• Paid Members
According to THR, Paul Giamatti is in talks to play the villain known as The Rhino, and Felicity Jones is negotiating for an unspecified role. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 already has a lineup of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, Jamie Foxx as Electro, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watsonm, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne, Sally Field as Aunt May and Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben.

The character of The Rhino first appeared in 'Amazing Spider-Man #41 in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet Bloc country who wore a superhuman suit that made him invulnerable while giving him superstrength and superspeed. It also had a deadly horn on top. He's recently became a sympathetic figure who found himself allying with Spider-Man.'

The character Jones would play has not been revealed. The sequel, being directed by Marc Webb, is looking for a February production start for a May 2nd, 2014 release.

...........interesting choice...... I love me some Paul Giamatti but he'd make a very different Rhino than we've seen before. I could see it working well he's played like an angry small man in a big mech suit, something he could actually act with, but if he's gonna be a CGI Abomination-type character then it seems like very bizarre casting.

Jamie Foxx as Electro sounds intriguing as well, but seems like a much more comfortable fit.