Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

As a casual fan I had no problem with Willam Dafoes Green Goblin but I can totally see why some people would've been put off by it. I only watched 'The Amazing Spider Man' a couple of weeks ago & for the most part thought it was terrible (Garfield & Stone were good though). I've little to no interest in a sequel unless it gets universally amazing reviews. The whole idea of going back through the Osborne storyline again is needed less than than the rehashed origin story of the first.

Sorry to come in late and apologies if already mentioned. But I heard a rumour a long way back that Hollywood wanted to do the film 'civil war' from the rather awesome graphic novel of the same name. It does feature pretty much every superhero, but the most prominent in it are the ones featured in avengers assemble so with a small amount of story change, could be a huge and amazing movie. Also if you haven't read it, read it already!!!

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Iron Man will be going down the Civil War route.

No way.

I'm calling bollocks on that to.

• Paid Members
Great casting but do we need to see Green Goblin ( if they are going to introduce him as GG in this film) again so early? I know he's one of the most iconic villains for Spider-man but he was done very well in the previous films. Plus we also have Rhino and Electro in it. That's a lot of villains to get into one film.

I would presume it would be to set something up in the third movie, as Goblin in the next one would be slight overkill.

Spoilers from The Amazing Spider-man 1

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

For what its worth they had a Normon Osbourne shot (with out showing his face) in the end credits for the first movie.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Also also:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

We need to have the comic book related killing of Gwen Stacy.

IIRC correctly it is The goblin who kills her, thus causing Spider-man to go ape shit and kill the Goblin.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by neil's bitch

• Moderators

lol. "Soilers". You're a soiler... of your pants.

aaanyway. It doesn't need to follow the story of the comic, exactly or at all. Anyone could kill her, or she could just not die. Who knows, maybe we'll be lucky and get an incredibly dull love triangle taking up most of the film!

Whatever. I'm going to watch it regardless, especially so if Emma Stone is definitely in it.

• Paid Members
lol. "Soilers". You're a soiler... of your pants.

Aaanyway. It doesn't need to follow the story of the comic, exactly or at all. Anyone could kill her, or she could just not die. Who knows, maybe we'll be lucky and get an incredibly dull love triangle taking up most of the film!

Whatever. I'm going to watch it regardless, especially so if Emma Stone is definitely in it.

Ha, thanks for that!

And yeah, by all means they do "need" to do anything, I'm just saying I would personally prefer to see that as it'd be a good story to see. Regardless of anything really, it'll most likely end up being a bit "meh" like the first one.

• Paid Members

Nolan and Snyder doing Justice League?

This is an unconfirmed rumour but apparently Warner Bros have decided Justice League needs Chris Nolan and Zack Snyder behind it to be a guaranteed hit.

I like the confidence they're putting in Man of Steel but I'm torn on Nolan's involvement, while I really don't need to see his plot hole ridden boring, "realistic" take on the genre again, especially after he admitted to disliking superpowers, I do like the thought that with him attached it would be a guaranteed hit, there seem to be lots of people expecing Justice League to fail or fall apart again & I think this feeling would go away if Man of Steel is a hit and Chris Nolan has a hands on role in Justice League.

They'd better keep Joseph Gordon Levitt away from it though, Christian Bale as an experienced slightly older version of Batman being the leader in a more Avengers like ensemble superhero film does get me a bit hard.

• Paid Members

Just read that myself, and wouldn't mind seeing Bale involved. Not sure how they could write it all in following the Dark Knight Rises, and if they follow this route (going with past actors instead of a "part reboot" thing they mentioned a while ago), would Ryan Reynolds be coming back as well?

• Paid Members
It's easy with Green Lantern because there are loads of different Green Lanterns so if he comes back or not it works either way. Plus there's a black Green Lantern & they've got to put a token black character on the team somehow!

On a slightly related note, during the one of the "development hell" stories I'd read is that actor/rapper "Common" was signed up to be the John Stewart version of the Green Lantern in a late 90's attempt at making a movie of Justice League.

I'm waiting on Man of Steel for now though! It looks amazing, and will probably be to focus of Warner Bros. if it makes a ton of money, which it will to be fair.

• Paid Members
Erm thats the hulk buster suit in the last clip!

Yup the production drawings were leaked a couple of weeks back (along with a Deep Space suit) Outside of some interaction between Banner and Stark I cant see it leading to anything Hulk based in this film. By all accounts they want to distance this film from The Avengers universe and make it more about Stark vs Mandarin

• 2 weeks later...