Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I've been eagerly awaiting anything from Man of Steel, I'm so fucking pumped for that film.

Looks like he's being arrested or something, we already had the authorities against Batman, Spider-man and the Avengers in the most recent films, it would be nice to see Superman as a full goodie everyone gets behind. Certainly intrigued by the pic though.

I hope Darkseid is the villain in Justice League, he'd be brilliant - I call him getting played by a black actor!

Arrived at work (Currys) this morning to see that one of my colleagues had popped into Tesco on his way in....The Dark Knight Rises was played at least 4 times throughout the day. Not gonna lie but it sounds amazing through a panasonic soundbar!! I'm a massive Batman fan so I'm not gonna complain compared to the amount I used to have to put up with Avatar on constantly!!

• Paid Members

It looks so dramatic! The music was a bit OTT but the action kicking in at the end assured me there's lots to look forward to in this Movie, Henry Cavill just is Superman for me. Can't wait to see more. I hated Sucker Punch but visually it was pretty spectacular, I loved 300 and Watchmen, Snyder could easily do something I find amazing with this, we've never seen a really huge scale godlike Superman before and I think this could be it. (not sure about Lois Lane being 10 years older than Superman but whatever) Also Michael Shannon is brilliant, I'm sure he'll absolutely kill it as Zod.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Dredd finally finds it's audience

I felt bad about not seeing Dredd at the cinema, despite really wanting to I didn't find the time in it's short run. I read after that as Dredd had flopped it seriously damaged the chances of other low (comparatively) budget gritty 18 certificate movies being made. It was important for this film to make more money on home video and it has, It was sold out in the 2 places I tried to get it on dvd on opening day (but they were HMV and Blockbuster) and more importantly It's sold 650,000 copies on DVD and bluray in it's first week and is the biggest new release and most digitally downloaded movie of the year so far (but it is only January).

Cool news anyway, hope they keep making 80s style violent sci fi and comic films now.

Also the unsurprising rumour that they're not going to squeeze out another batman film before the justice league movie in 2015. (if that film ever happens)

New Batman to be introduced in Justice League before spinning off into a 2017 solo film?

I felt bad about not seeing Dredd at the cinema, despite really wanting to I didn't find the time in it's short run. I read after that as Dredd had flopped it seriously damaged the chances of other low (comparatively) budget gritty 18 certificate movies being made. It was important for this film to make more money on home video and it has, It was sold out in the 2 places I tried to get it on dvd on opening day (but they were HMV and Blockbuster) and more importantly It's sold 650,000 copies on DVD and bluray in it's first week and is the biggest new release and most digitally downloaded movie of the year so far (but it is only January).

Cool news anyway, hope they keep making 80s style violent sci fi and comic films now.

I was able to see Dredd 3D at the cinema, thought it was really good. I was thinking about seeing it a second time at the cinema but didn't have the time. I haven't bought Dredd 3D on DVD yet but I will. Glad it's getting out to people and doing well like it deserves.

Edited by The Natural

I was able to see Dredd 3D at the cinema, thought it was really good. I was thinking about seeing it a second time at the cinema but didn't have the time. I haven't bought Dredd 3D on DVD yet but I will. Glad it's getting out to people and doing well like it deserves.

The DVD is the 2D version and has no extras on it. I think the BluRay is 3D though with some extras.

• Paid Members
I hope Darkseid is the villain in Justice League, he'd be brilliant - I call him getting played by a black actor!

I reckon if he is indeed the villain, he will or should be played by Ron Perlman.

• Paid Members

I reckon if he is indeed the villain, he will or should be played by Ron Perlman.

I'd have Schwarzennegger (even moreso as Galactus), but considering he was the bad guy in Batman & Robin and that's regarded as the worst superhero movie ever I won't get my hopes up. Perlman would be good.

• Paid Members

I'd have Schwarzennegger (even moreso as Galactus), but considering he was the bad guy in Batman & Robin and that's regarded as the worst superhero movie ever I won't get my hopes up. Perlman would be good.

Kevin Durand wouldn't be bad, either. One of the few good elements in Wolverine: Origins.

• Paid Members

Kevin Durand wouldn't be bad, either. One of the few good elements in Wolverine: Origins.

Seeing as you obviously like weird looking cunts playing supervillains you must be happy that Michael Shannon is playing Zod in Man of Steel!

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

Seeing as you obviously like weird looking cunts playing supervillains you must be happy that Michael Shannon is playing Zod in Man of Steel!

I just think that, if you're going to cast someone to play Darkseid, whose look was based on Jack Palance and who is always portrayed as big and muscular, you're going to want one craggy fucker playing the guy.

If I were to cast Sarah Jessica Parker as any character, it'd be Warlock.

you an soa fan i take it? that show is fucking brilliant

Edited by buba3d