Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
Sorry to come in late and apologies if already mentioned. But I heard a rumour a long way back that Hollywood wanted to do the film 'civil war' from the rather awesome graphic novel of the same name. It does feature pretty much every superhero, but the most prominent in it are the ones featured in avengers assemble so with a small amount of story change, could be a huge and amazing movie. Also if you haven't read it, read it already!!!

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Iron Man will be going down the Civil War route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Iron Man 3 character posters, very interested to see what the Mandarin will be like in this, he's Iron Man's main villain in the comics, It's taken him 3 movies (not including the Avengers) to make it onto the big screen and considering in the comics he's a Chinese nutter with magic rings I guess he'll be pretty different.

68370.jpg

68498.jpg

68376.jpg

Don Cheadle just doesn't have a cool face to me, he looks like a scared baby, I'd prefer it if Terrence Howard had kept the role.

• Paid Members

Well, from what I remember, Terrence Howard had himself to blame for getting canned anyway.

They should've just given the War Machine role to Idris Elba. Guy is big and bad-ass looking, and none too shabby an actor.

Well, from what I remember, Terrence Howard had himself to blame for getting canned anyway.

They should've just given the War Machine role to Idris Elba. Guy is big and bad-ass looking, and none too shabby an actor.

I'm not a fan of Howard or Cheadle for War Machine. Idris Elba would have done a great job but I'm very happy he's Heimdall in the Thor series.

Cheadle makes a FAR better Rhodes than Howard. Howard looks like a pussy, sounds like a pussy, and his idea of projecting intensity is to lower his eyebrows while looking like his bottom lip is about to start quivering. Cheadle has a bit more intensity to him, not in a hard-ass way but in the way that tells you he's had to put up with Tony's shit for ages. Plus he is physically a similar size to Downey Jr, which was necessary to make the idea of him popping on one of Tony's old suits plausible. Elba, though a great actor and physcially more like the comic-book Rhodes, would have been far too imposing in the dialogue scenes and wouldn't have fitted in the suits without a ton of adjustments. And Cheadle's "Get out" at the party before the punch-up is one of my favourite lines from Iron Man 2.

• Paid Members
Sorry to come in late and apologies if already mentioned. But I heard a rumour a long way back that Hollywood wanted to do the film 'civil war' from the rather awesome graphic novel of the same name. It does feature pretty much every superhero, but the most prominent in it are the ones featured in avengers assemble so with a small amount of story change, could be a huge and amazing movie. Also if you haven't read it, read it already!!!

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Iron Man will be going down the Civil War route.

No way.

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Man of Steel test screening extremely positive

I'm so pumped for this, it could just be studio spin but the points they raised here excited me, especially this part

"- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit"
-Fuck yes.

They also claim it'll be high on many people's best films of the year list - I'm sure they would say that but it's still nice to hear. I can't wait (obviously)

Also big news- Chris Cooper to play Norman Osborn in Amazing Spider-Man sequel

At 61 he seems way too old to me but he's a good actor and I'm interested to see what they do with him when (if) he becomes the Green Goblin. Green Goblin again already might be too much for non comic fans to stomach though, Spidey has the second best rogues gallery in comics after Batman, no need to be repeating them yet, Kraven the hunter would make a great villain in movie.

Also those rumours about the Hulk storyline people said they were making into a Hulk solo film and working into the Avengers 2 and 3 stories are apparently 100% inaccurate

• Paid Members

Great casting but do we need to see Green Goblin ( if they are going to introduce him as GG in this film) again so early? I know he's one of the most iconic villains for Spider-man but he was done very well in the previous films. Plus we also have Rhino and Electro in it. That's a lot of villains to get into one film.

• Paid Members

I'd be all for a more comic book like Green Goblin rather than the naked power ranger we got in the first Raimi film but the more I think about it the less I think Norman Osborn will become GG in these movies, by the third film he'll be like 64, that seems too old to be Goblining around the city on a glider.

green-goblin_prosthetic-mask_spider-man.jpg

Edit for anyone who hasn't seen it, this could've been the mask in Spider-man, mental they didn't go with it.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

Keep in mind that Marvel have made Norman Osborn more and more into their equivalent of Lex Luthor over the past number of years, so it's possible they could be going with that side of him.

I also thought the Sam Raimi version of GG was the best I've ever seen. I normally hated GG, but Willem Dafoe's performance plus the rationale for the mask and the overall look were what finally interested me in the character.

Edited by Carbomb