Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Looks alright, wasn't a huge fan of the last one - I was excited when I heard Darren Aronofsky was helming this, but that was a long time ago. I imagine this will seriously fuck with the X-Men continuity, though, then they'll chuck Days of Future Past at us to really confuse us all.

• Paid Members

Jesus that Wolverine trailer doesn't do anything for me, Wolverine's not one of my favourites anyway and he hasn't been translated onto film particularly well in my opinion. This looks dull, I'd be happy to be proved wrong but I'm not getting my hopes up after 3 shitty X-Men movies and a Wolverine prequel that wasn't great either.

Looks like this one may have a case of "taking itself too seriously-itis" as well, it's a superhero film for fuck's sake, stick him in his proper costume and have some fun. The director said he "doesn't see Wolverine as a superhero, he sees him as one of the great movie characters like Dirty Harry". Well to everyone else he's a superhero so you may as well try to make the film fun.

I do respect Huge Ackman for playing Wolverine in 7 films though, no one compares to that Superhero longevity.

----------

A cool poster of Jim Carrey from Kick-Ass 2, Nic Cage has mighty big shoes to fill but Carrey looks great here and if he nails his role he could be the extra factor that the film needs to put it on a par with the first one

kick-ass-2-colonel-stars-and-stripes-character-poster.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm watching the X-men movies again having picked up the set cheap on Blu-ray in HMV. Singer mentions on the commentary that another actor was cast as Wolverine originally but had to pull out three months before shooting and then they cast Jackman. Any of you guys know who they originally cast?

• Paid Members

Captain America The Winter Soldier starts filming

This sheds a bit of light on what it will be like, I already read that it would be totally different to the first film, that was inspired by WW2 adventure movies and this one will be heavily influenced by 70s political thrillers (it even has Robert Redford in it). It also seems that Cap won't be alone and is teaming up with the Falcon (which we already knew) and Black Widow (which is cool) I had no idea she was going to be in this, I wonder if she'll ever get her own film.

capam2_large.png

• Paid Members

First pic of Jamie Foxx as Electro on the set of Amazing Spider-man 2 (article)

I don't know this version of Electro at all, I'm used to the honkie in a big lightning headdress and skintight green onesie, good to see they're going fairly OTT with it though.

article019511ea4000005d_large.jpg

A message from General Zod in the new marketing for Man of Steel

Slowly starting to piece together what the storyline for MOS will be, hope Earth is on Supes' side, Avengers, Dark Knight and Amazing Spider-Man all did the people against the superheroes thing, it would be nice for everyone to just embrace Superman, it suits the character more.

New final trailer should be coming soon, the film is only 2 months away.

also

Some bald English guy on the set of the new X-Men film

Michael Rooker cast in Guardians of the Galaxy

yondu-guardians-rooker.jpg

Great news, I was hoping James Gunn could find a place to put him in. He'll be Yondu Udonta a founding memebr of the original guardians who nobody expected to be in this. I'd love there to be a place for Nathan Fillion in here somwhere as well. With Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Batista all confirmed and now Rooker on board with Gunn directing I'm really looking forward to this

Edited by iamtheman