Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Moderators

I read the first couple pages in the book shop the other day but they only had it in hardback so I didn't bother buying it... If it's not all that I might just go back and read it in the shop instead of waiting to pick it up in paperback...

Shame, because I really enjoyed the first book.

calling all Batman fans:

I have heard that Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: A Death In The Family are all very good reads.

Would I (as someone who rarely reads comic books) be able to pick them up and enjoy them, or do i have to be a fan-boy and know the complete history of everything in the Gotham City universe

• Paid Members
calling all Batman fans:

I have heard that Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: A Death In The Family are all very good reads.

Would I (as someone who rarely reads comic books) be able to pick them up and enjoy them, or do i have to be a fan-boy and know the complete history of everything in the Gotham City universe

You should be fine with all 3

I echo that, they're all pretty accessible and very brilliant.

I also read Kick Ass 2 over the weekend, it has it's moments but isnt great. I can't imagine most of it being used for a film either, no one is going to want to distribute a film with some of those scenes in it so my guess it's large chunks will be re-written. I quite enjoy the first Kick Ass movie for what it is, I was a big fan of the initial series when I first read it. The Hit Girl series has started quite well though so I guess they'll use stuff from that in the next film.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members

I also read Kick Ass 2 over the weekend, it has it's moments but isnt great. I can't imagine most of it being used for a film either, no one is going to want to distribute a film with some of those scenes in it so my guess it's large chunks will be re-written. I quite enjoy the first Kick Ass movie for what it is, I was a big fan of the initial series when I first read it. The Hit Girl series has started quite well though so I guess they'll use stuff from that in the next film.

Exactly what I thought.SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I can just see them using the 2 rival groups and having the Mother Russia character. Cage is back so the majority of the Hitgirl story will have to change as well

calling all Batman fans:

Batman: Year One is the best ever Batman book. I don't rate The Dark Knight Returns like most do. You'll be fine with both but I'd recommend Batman: Year One out of the two and it's a great origin tale.

Exactly what I thought.SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I can just see them using the 2 rival groups and having the Mother Russia character. Cage is back so the majority of the Hitgirl story will have to change as well

(Kick ass movie and book 2 spoilers)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I just assumed Nic Cage would be appearing in flashbacks, he died pretty definitively. The Mother Russia character was a highlight of the second book. That and the recurring shark joke.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Like those two reels alot. Daredevil is one of my favourite Superheroes actually, its nice to see it going back to Marvel. I reckon they have the power to get it moving. I didnt think the film was all that bad, but it certainly wasnt amazing or anything. Hopefully Joe Carnhan gets a go wherever the rights land.