Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
No it is, it was unveiled in January as the new outfit. I dont know if its actually been used yet though, maybe they are timing it to enter around the same time as the film.

Just quickly googled it, that image is the cover of Superman #1: The Man of Tomorrow. Have they started that line yet?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2011/06/11/new-s...stume-revealed/

Hmmm, intreguing. I actually don't mind the suit there, I prefer a yellow belt, but at least the colours are right and it really doesn't look too different. Don't get what's going on with the glowing red eyes though? I see on the link there's a cover for Action Comic #1 which shows him in jeans, but with a Superman t-shirt and cape, bit odd. Doesn't seem to be going down well looking at the feedback.

I did read further down that page that DC lost the rights to some of his story in a law suit with the heirs of his original creators and therefore have to change things. Anyone know anything about that?

• Paid Members

29964210150276215858882.jpg

I'm actually digging the new suit for the movie, I hated Brandon Routh's 2006 Superman suit, the 'S' was too small and weird and the cape was stuffed into his neckhole which looked too small, also the red was too dark for the blue. This suit works better I think, I expect costumes to change for the movies (Batman never wore black rubber before the first Batman film) and this is a change that I'm fine with. I like how he looks physically too, looks a lot tougher than other on screen Supermen. I have high hopes for this.

I can't believe in 2011 they're still giving Superman such long hair, I think this new musclier no pants - no nonsense supes would look better with a more severe haircut.

• Paid Members
just a guess, could that be his krypton suit? before the main one?

I don't think so but my theory as to why they put "extra detail" in the suits in these movies now, I mean like the texture on this suit and the waffling on spider-man's suit, I think it's so the CGI looks better, it makes it more realistic, if there's no detail it looks like a cartoon, that's why Hulk's often dirty or sweaty or dusty, or in the rain.

*Edit*

Best pic so far of his suit, I'm digging it personally.

supes.jpg

Edited by Pritt Stick Licker

• Paid Members
Best pic so far of his suit, I'm digging it personally.

supes.jpg

I'll agree, that is the best pic so far, and in fairness it doesn't look as bad to me as it did, but they're really gonna have to make sure everything else about the film is fucking good! Wouldn't hurt for them to throw something in for us traditional Superman fans though. I still think it'd look better with brighter colours though!

307120_10150268401022215_725022214_7719704_3972626_n.jpg

• Paid Members
Grand ol' bulge on him too. It's no Shelton Benjamin, but it'll certainly pique the interest of any lady who's never seen a black man naked.

Better than Green Lantern's invisi-bulge or the new Spider-Man's "Black pussy"! Also I don't know if anyone remembers but when it was first announced that Zack Snyder was doing this there were strong rumours that a non muscular actor (Matthew Goode from watchmen was rumoured) would be cast and when he was Superman his ody would be CGI (Like Green Lantern). I think one of the reasons I'm so happy with the suit how it is is I thought we'd get something even less traditional and the few changes they made I don't mind at all because I think they look cool.

• Paid Members
Better than Green Lantern's invisi-bulge

Yeah, that was cruel on the chap. Like my mate in a pair of Speedos. Seriously, not even that little wet pea looking thing sticking out that you'd see on a below to average junked punter in Speedos. And yet, he still wears them on holliers, and has an absolute stunner of a girlfriend.

I just hope Reynolds showcases his non-bulge in a Deadpool flick sooner than later. It's the one poxy flick I've been waiting years for, and instead we get guttersnipe like that Jonah Hex shite, Dylan Dog and Green Lantern. I hope it's Reynolds who follows through with this gig, coz the only other remotely smart option would be James Roday, but even that would be a let down.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Batman Year One...really am.

Off topic - Would you let Kelly Kelly have a barry on your face> Like, that's it. Nothing else. Just her squatting over you and pitching a loaf.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
Yeah, that was cruel on the chap. Like my mate in a pair of Speedos. Seriously, not even that little wet pea looking thing sticking out that you'd see on a below to average junked punter in Speedos. And yet, he still wears them on holliers, and has an absolute stunner of a girlfriend.

I just hope Reynolds showcases his non-bulge in a Deadpool flick sooner than later. It's the one poxy flick I've been waiting years for, and instead we get guttersnipe like that Jonah Hex shite, Dylan Dog and Green Lantern. I hope it's Reynolds who follows through with this gig, coz the only other remotely smart option would be James Roday, but even that would be a let down.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Batman Year One...really am.

Off topic - Would you let Kelly Kelly have a barry on your face> Like, that's it. Nothing else. Just her squatting over you and pitching a loaf.

No way man, and I wouldn't want to be pissed on first thing in the morning either.

Speaking of Superhero movies that have yet to be I have no idea why for a new DC film they went with Green Lantern over the Flash, I think the Flash would've been a much safer bet for being a better more realistic film that non comic fans could potentially like. Hopefully we'll get it at some point because a movie of The Flash with modern special effects could do some really fun stuff visually with his speed.

• Paid Members
Speaking of Superhero movies that have yet to be I have no idea why for a new DC film they went with Green Lantern over the Flash, I think the Flash would've been a much safer bet for being a better more realistic film that non comic fans could potentially like. Hopefully we'll get it at some point because a movie of The Flash with modern special effects could do some really fun stuff visually with his speed.

I've actually just started watching The Flash TV series again and I had actually forgotten how much I liked it! If anyone hasn't seen this I'd suggest giving it a go.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

That cover is terrible! It should be a shot of them all together not bad photoshopping.

There's a new Justice League feature length cartoon coming out, I don't know anyone else who watches these DC movies but I love them, I'm especially excited about this one as I just finished the comic the other day then I read they were making a movie of it, amazing timing.

The movie is called Justice League : Doom and it's based on this great story from 2000.

JLA_Tower.jpg

I love the ones I've seen. Thus far I've seen:Justice League- New FrontiersJustice League- Crisis on Two EarthsBatman- Under the Red HoodSuperman/Batman- ApocalypseGreen Lantern- Tales of the Green Lantern CorpsCan't wait to see Batman Year One and this one. Also got to see Teen Titans Trouble in Tokyo recently. I miss that cartoon, it was pretty good.

• Paid Members

Fuck yeah, glad someone else likes these too, Justice League - Crisis on two earths was amazing.The shorts they do of secondary characters are great too, especially as 2nd tier DC characters are my favourite heroes in comics, The ones of Shazam and The Green Arrow are really good.Batman year one will be great too.