Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
Looks like he has web shooters as well on his wrists.

I hope he doesn't. That was one of the best things about the Raimi movies: they acknowledged that spider-silk technology hasn't been uncovered yet, and that it's unlikely to be by some spotty teenager, no matter how intelligent or clever he is. It made much more sense that they appeared on his wrists biologically, especially as his mutation seemed to cover everything else except extra limbs.

But was the point not that he just came up with the idea, rather the idea came to him due to the spider bite. Kinda like how spiders just know how to do it rather then learn? He has some sort of yellow lights on his wrist that's why I said that.

Yeah, but spiders don't think about it and go away to a lab to put together chemicals that create spider-silk; they create it within their bodies, which is much closer to how it was portrayed in the Raimi films.

• Paid Members
i dont mind really. If spiderman was steeped in realism surely he woul be firing organic webbing from his anus which personally i aint down with.

i always remember Nicholas Hammond as spiderman and his webshooter and how great they were as a kid.

I actually watched the pilot episode of this last night! I got the rest of series 1 to get through too.

Slightly off topic, but I pinched the original Superman Serial off youtube the other day and I've been watching that too. It's actually quite enjoyable even for its age, I'm tempted to check out some other vintage Superhero stuff.

• Paid Members
the pilot is the one where people are being hypnotized isnt it.

Yeah, I was suprised I didn't remember it. I used to rent it out from the video library as a kid, but it was like I'd never seen it before!

• Paid Members
i dont mind really. If spiderman was steeped in realism surely he woul be firing organic webbing from his anus which personally i aint down with.

i always remember Nicholas Hammond as spiderman and his webshooter and how great they were as a kid.

Ah, yes! It was so bad it was good. The funky 70s music, the mute Spider-Man karate chopping no-name bad guys, and web shooters that shot rope and nothing resembling webbing at all.

I had one on VHS that was a hash of two episodes to make a serial. "Enter The Dragon" or something it was called, that saw Spider-Man travel to China. I can't remember what the reason was though.