Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

First pic of Russel Crowe as Jor-El (Superman's biological father)

article-2045201-0E381B5F00000578-5_468x805.jpg

Not overly bothered about how Superman's parents and stuff look, I'm really looking forward to this movie though, I think we'll finally get a Superman movie that's action packed with a storyline good and exciting enough for die-hards and casual fans alike.

There's also a bunch of new Avengers pics HERE

cap.jpg

First official avengers trailer to be online next tuesday

Nice, is it the same one from SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

the end of Captain America

?alsoNew pics from Superman

Not sure yetbut you would have to think so. theres a countdown on the official facebook page so that will be the place to lookI just hope theres a decent look at Incredible Hulk Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Ive got a feeling if they do put the Hulk in the trailer its going to be a tiny glimpse which will fine for now. My fan boy levels of excitement for this film are insane.Agree with you on the New Cap suit, something about it doesnt look right

• Paid Members
I've not seen the Capt America film yet, so trying to avoid the spoiler everyone kept going on about thats at the end of the film.

Will this trailer spoil that ending, or am I OK to watch it?

Oh no spoilers please natch, thanks!

Theres no spoilers for the Cap America Film in the trailer (As long as you are aware of the basic story of how he ends up in the Avengers in the comics)

• Paid Members
I really want to get excited for The Avengers but the casting for Captain America has really soured me on it. They could easily have got someone else to play Captain America, instead of the guy who was The Human Torch.

Have you watched Captain America yet? He's great in the role. What difference does it make if he was previously The Human Torch?

What is it with trailer producers using old industrial tracks? Off the top of my head we've had NIN "In This Together" for this trailer, A Perfect Circle's "The Outsider" for the last Resident Evil film and, whilst not strictly an industrial band, it was a pretty industrial track, Smashing Pumpkins "The End Is the Beginning Is the End" for Watchmen. I'm sure there's been others too but in each case it seems odd using such old tracks.

I really want to get excited for The Avengers but the casting for Captain America has really soured me on it. They could easily have got someone else to play Captain America, instead of the guy who was The Human Torch.

Have you watched Captain America yet? He's great in the role. What difference does it make if he was previously The Human Torch?

Nope not yet.

It makes a difference because I associate him with being the Human Torch, not Captain America.

Surely Hollywood isn't that low on actors that could have filled the role without using an actor that has previously played a character from the Marvel universe. Doesn't make sense to me.

It makes a difference because I associate him with being the Human Torch, not Captain America.

Surely Hollywood isn't that low on actors that could have filled the role without using an actor that has previously played a character from the Marvel universe. Doesn't make sense to me.

Unless they went for the guy who they thought could best portray the role who also happened to be interested in the role, in which case it makes perfect sense. Did you also get confused when Deadpool was in the Green Lantern film?

• Paid Members

What is it with trailer producers using old industrial tracks? Off the top of my head we've had NIN "In This Together" for this trailer, A Perfect Circle's "The Outsider" for the last Resident Evil film and, whilst not strictly an industrial band, it was a pretty industrial track, Smashing Pumpkins "The End Is the Beginning Is the End" for Watchmen. I'm sure there's been others too but in each case it seems odd using such old tracks.

Trailers always seem to go through cycles of using similar music. There was a period about 5 years ago when every trailer used classical score and every other one seemed to use the Gladiator score.

Also Chris Evans is good in Captain America and well worth seeing. The characters couldn't exist in the same film so I don't see a problem with him playing both