UKFF Music Project

Vito

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, again, really liked it, Chest.

Here is my latest offering, different from my last one as I got a nice bit of kit (Line6 GX thingy) meaning I can record guitar parts now. Been listening to a lot of film soundtracks and post rock lately so I guess they inspired this. Not that I'm comparing my stuff to that of course!

• Moderators

That's not a type of music I ever listen to, mostly because I can't really think of too many times when I'd put something like that on. But I did listen to that all the way through and it was real nice. It builds up fantastically as it goes on. The guitar is brilliant.. my only complaint is that I guess I would have liked to hear the drums do something a little different at some point. (That's a bit rich coming from someone who consistently uses pretty simple and repetitive drum patterns isn't it? Definitely don't listen to me)

I've had a busy couple weeks so my efforts have been flagging a little. Here's a half-baked idea from the week before last. Not nuts about it really, but I think there's ideas in there that I could strip out in future and use better.

Nothing from last week, but I'm gonna try and compensate with two this week!

I've been working on a new PC recently that's been a right ballache for sampling because of a horrible signal/noise ratio. Got a new audio interface at the weekend which means an end to that problem!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Yeah I know what you mean about the drums, it's the weakest part of my stuff for sure. I tend to stick something on loop, then build up the instrumentation and kind of forget to focus on the drums. A mate who MC's dark ambient hip hop asked for the mp3 so he could use it. I look forward to hear what he does!

Nice beat, as you say when you flesh it out it'll be a cracker. You can't force these things can you, it'll happen when it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Did the job perfectly; I had noticed that Superman II was on telly but that I wouldn't see it cos I was going out so I got to enjoy it in a way nonetheless!

Today Superman III was on TV and my flatmate refused to come into the lounge when I was watching it because the bit where they get absorbed by the computer freaks the fuck out of him. Haha.. What a big puss.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list as well. Although, if I remember rightly, there was a TV edit that they used for daytime showings that cut that scene down a fair bit, which was fine with me.