UKFF Music Project

Vito

• 3 months later...

Sold off my lockdown Kevin & Perry Go Large gear last year because we had to move up to Dublin. I got a Zoom and a Wavestate after Christmas because I was a bit bummed out around Christmas not really knowing anyone up here (all changing fast now since things have reopened) so had it in my head to spend Saturday mornings getting field recordings of the place and turning my walks into kind of audio diaries. This is the result:

Way more satisfying than the dodgy four to the floor stuff I used to amuse myself with. Fuck all sequencing going on, really, other than the custom patches on the Wavestate itself. Just having fun playing around with sounds etc. 

The drums are nicked off The Cure's Faith album. The whole thing comes off as a bit of a cheesy travelogue/80s soap theme toward the end which was entirely unexpected but immensely pleasing to me!

• 2 months later...

Several months later...

https://departmentofchoons.bandcamp.com/album/a-self-referential-reality-tunnel

Done a wee EP. The track in the above post is pretty much the anchor/lynchpin for it in terms of sound so if you like that one perhaps give it a whirl or chuck us a follow if you're on Bandcamp!

It's probably rough around the edges but I reached one of those crescendos where I just wanted to draw a line under the sound/project and move on to something else from my humble bedroom studio.

The opening and closing tracks are more heavy on found/field/background sounds etc but in between it's very...I don't know...wavey. It's not a pure ambient record but I think it's very derivative of the Wavestate so it's pretty much an ode to that particular synth as the title suggests.

• 1 year later...

Extremely limited appeal here but I'm finally demoing some of my harsh noise, bandcamp even put a recommendation for Merzbow underneath my one song!

To be honest I'm more looking to do live gimmicked performances than record but I think I'm going to put out at least one horrible cassette before the year is over.

https://lilliputmoss.bandcamp.com/track/olivia-demo