UKFF Music Project

Vito

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's really good @Chest Rockwell. I chucked a couple of things together myself using Caustic on my phone and stuck them on mine. They're a bit more electro-noisy, and would probably benefit from my trying to alter some levels in them, but here they are.

I had a listen to these just on my phone whilst I was shaving and brushing this morning... I want to listen again on proper speakers but I liked what I heard! Sounded like some cool video game music.. 

Oh, and I don't know if your software has them but if you want to add some dynamics to this kind of music have a play with filters. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I was joking you loon x The tracks nice. Sounds like late 90s solo album Wu. Not necessarily RZAish, but I can imagine Inspectah Deck over it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too when I found the main loop, hence the use of the GZA sample..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Hi all,

I haven’t been posting much on the boards recently. Quite a lot of stuff going on and I’ve been juggling a few fun music projects.

A really good record shop in Newcastle (Beyond Vinyl) recently launched a new record label arm to their business. I’m chuffed to say I’ve signed a deal with them with my 2-piece band, Surreal Prismatics. 
I am in couple of a other projects that are very different musically, but this particular duet is a mix of Rock/Punk/garage & Psychedelic/Surf with other vibes going on. Some tracks a bit bit more pop/indie and a few are pretty experimental.

We’ve been making music together for around 12 years or so and the upcoming album is a selection of tracks we have recorded in that time frame. 
We released our 1st single last week and it’s all been a fun experience. I’ve been in signed bands in the past and have become pretty jaded over time. So it’s nice that this is 100% fun and enjoyable.

We’re obviously just keen to get the music heard and build a bit of a following. So if it’s your cup of tea, please give our FB page a like/follow, and please share with your pals. It’s really appreciated:

@SurrealPrismatics   
https://m.facebook.com/surrealprismatics 

The single itself is called ‘Holiday House’ and is available to listen to at Spotify/iTunes/YouTube/Apple Music/Amazon and others:

Multiple links: https://ampl.ink/prrBQ 

Cheers 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Hi all,

I haven’t been posting much on the boards recently. Quite a lot of stuff going on and I’ve been juggling a few fun music projects.

A really good record shop in Newcastle (Beyond Vinyl) recently launched a new record label arm to their business. I’m chuffed to say I’ve signed a deal with them with my 2-piece band, Surreal Prismatics. 
I am in couple of a other projects that are very different musically, but this particular duet is a mix of Rock/Punk/garage & Psychedelic/Surf with other vibes going on. Some tracks a bit bit more pop/indie and a few are pretty experimental.

We’ve been making music together for around 12 years or so and the upcoming album is a selection of tracks we have recorded in that time frame. 
We released our 1st single last week and it’s all been a fun experience. I’ve been in signed bands in the past and have become pretty jaded over time. So it’s nice that this is 100% fun and enjoyable.

We’re obviously just keen to get the music heard and build a bit of a following. So if it’s your cup of tea, please give our FB page a like/follow, and please share with your pals. It’s really appreciated:

@SurrealPrismatics   
https://m.facebook.com/surrealprismatics 

The single itself is called ‘Holiday House’ and is available to listen to at Spotify/iTunes/YouTube/Apple Music/Amazon and others:

Multiple links: https://ampl.ink/prrBQ 

Cheers 

This is great. 

Caught up on everything on this page this morning, beautiful stuff you three!

I can echo the sentiments on the sense of satisfaction that comes with finishing stuff, even for its own sake. The downside I personally get is - as a little gym like high - sometimes I find the temptation is there to finish stuff a little too quick so I can then reward myself by going back to cramming other people's stuff into my head instead. Looking back over the last year I put a bunch of stuff up that was a little barebones and just wholly unnoteworthy, even in light of what I was capable of at the time. 

The last one or two things I've done I've found an enjoyable knack for spending more time adding layers to them, and then doing fun little atmospheric videos just using footage from my phone and a bunch of filters and cuts in Sony Vegas. Makes them feel more like nice little individual works and less "Look, I banged some keys over a 120bpm pattern!" 

There's fuck all eyes on my stuff as well - even for internet DIY music uploads - I think my fiance's dad's my biggest fan, but it really is something I'm doing for myself at this point because I have things tied up handily enough elsewhere in life. I'd obviously like to continue to get better at it, and I definitely would like a small wee following of clicks on my stuff for my own satisfaction, but whatever. I'm not counting on it. I also don't do social media whatsoever, which obviously doesn't help. I'm sure any wanker can get a couple of thousand hits on their beats if they're voracious at the main social media platforms.

Soundcloud seems like a bit of a waste of time to me now. I don't mind putting music into a vacuum but it's grating to still see it riddled with bots and then have them constantly push you to upgrade your account. I like the YouTube thing. That part of me that does want a bit of love has half an idea to just do a few longer, more droney ambient things and upload them not as artist tracks but your usual "One hour of car wash noises for anxiety" type malarky. People jump on shit like that. 

But yeah, impromptu ramble aside I'm glad I spent a grand on two synths a year ago, and I'm keeping my head down enough and actually using the things enough to warrant me probably adding to the setup soon. I love sequencing them live to myself, and three's now the magic number so I can do my Kevin & Perry Go Large thing on a Saturday morning.

Three's definitely it, though. No more gear after that. No, sir. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Carbomb said:

@Kaz Hayashi that's a really sweet track. Feel like that needs to be listened to in a car with the top down going along at high speed.

Appreciate it man. The craic is, the album is ready to release but we’re just trying to build a bit of a following with the first single there. So by all means if you fancy it, we appreciate people joining our Facebook page etc 👍

The album is in keeping with that single so nearly all tracks have a similar kinda vibe.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I am really proud of this - I think it's the best thing I've made this year. I wanted to share it with you guys.. @SuperBacon, @wandshogun09 - think you guys may enjoy it. And anyone else who fancies listening to it.

That's fantastic. It's a George Benson song isn't it? Have you used that one, or is it a different version? 

Love the drums too. Dope shit.

5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Cheers bud. Yeah it's the George Benson version, off the Muhammad Ali movie soundtrack.

So you just sped it up/changed the pitch?

I've just listened to that version and it sounds so different. Great use. Keep them coming. One day I'll dust off the 'rhyme book' and spit some hot fire over one. 😂