UKFF Music Project

Vito

Some simpler Warp-ish stuff made with just the Monologue and reverb pedal. I'm enjoying the stripped back nature of making this stuff way more, and limiting myself to just the mono is giving everything this uniform identity so I might do 5-6 of the same ilk and get a little wee EP going on Bandcamp or something. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

9 hours ago, Loki said:

I found after many years that the more limited my palette, the more creative I got.  I now just sample and use the basic Logic wave synths for everything,

100%. Had loads of digital synths on my laptop for years and it amounted to be opening them up every now and then, pressing a key and going "ha, that's the Tiesto sound". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 2/11/2020 at 4:21 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Here’s one I’ve just uploaded. Just going through the process of mastering a number of songs before doing a Spotify multi-upload. So this is in mid-mixed form.

Even though I'm a stereo dickhead and appreciate varied panning and seperation, in my headphones that sounds very right-side dominant.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Even though I'm a stereo dickhead and appreciate varied panning and seperation, in my headphones that sounds very right-side dominant.

Hmmm interesting. I’ll check that out. Can’t say it has stood out during our mixes or mastering sessions. I’ll pop my cans on tonight and have a sit down & listen. Mind you, it’s never been mentioned by anyone else yet. Ta for pointing out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I made something for the first time in a few years. I have been wanting to get back into it for a while, and I thought doing something creative would help my mind state during the lockdown.. Anyway. It's super rough and knocked together over a spare few hours here and there over the weekend but it felt good to get back into the saddle.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I've quite enjoyed my first day of isolation so far. I've got a couple of workouts in and I bought myself a bass guitar at the weekend and have taught myself to play Super Freak and Stand By Me (badly). 

Fair play to you, Super Freak isn't really a beginner's piece. 

Just to clarify, at 0:45 I refer to the "3 on the G" when it should be the E string. It's because the actual note on the third fret is G. Late night brain, and all that.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
I'm a spanner

I want to use this time to learn Ableton. I've watched some tutorials on YouTube which has been helpful but wondered if anyone has any suggestions for tutorials that helped them/any tips.

I'm aiming to make a UK garage track as I think that could be simpler than some genres and would be a laugh.

Edit: I wondered whether Fruity Loops might be easier for this (though I have no experience with that either) but I want to use Ableton so I know my way around it if I want to use it for other tracks.

Edited by Sphinx