UKFF Music Project

Vito

Not uploaded anything in awhile but I knocked this together last night and I'm happy with the results. Ditching the hodgepodge of styles I was learning the ropes through in favour of a clean, moody sound:

In other lockdown news, I cracked that my girlfriend's gotten me electronic drums for my birthday, so I obviously went and bought a cheap Ibanez as well to be extra annoying. I'm shite at guitar but having loads of fun learning tremolo picking through reams of distortion. I'm going to try and put some atmospheric, DIY black metal type deal together over the next few months as a bit of a passion project because I know it'll get a decent listen and feedback at least with the local moshers down here, whereas I feel like the electronic stuff I'm just squirting out into the ether. Though obviously having plenty of fun doing so! 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Didn't know whether to mention it in here or the "what play you" thread, but the KORG gadget on Switch is reduced to £25 on the eShop at the moment. I hear it can be a bit of a pain to export the tracks you make on it as you need the equivalent app on iPhone or Android. Looks like a good bit of software though. 

• 1 month later...

After the Bob James chat in the Hip Hop thread I decided to have a dig through all my Bob James related records. Found a Grover Washington Jr record I hadn't really checked out since I bought it. Threw together a little beat and remembered last week I got a compilation of Notorious BIG instrumentals which included a couple of acapellas. Dead Wrong was the closest one to the bpm and I sped it up a touch and thought I'd see if it fit. It's not perfectly in time but I might go back to it one day and sort it out properly.

• Paid Members

This isn't something I've created myself, but more a curated project I've been dipping into over the years. I've been sticking a playlist together of songs which are covers, or contain samples of the song "Daydream", originally by a Belgian group called Wallace Collection, but probably best known for the cover by the Gunter Kallman choir, which has been sampled through the years by artists such a iMonster and the Beta Band. I also have a bit of an aside at the end with stuff that samples Ike's Rap 2 (Glorybox by Portishead, Hell Is Round The Corner by Tricky), and some others with samples from songs that sound a little reminiscent of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I like it. It feels like it's come from an MFDOOM album. 

There's a track missing from my daydream playlist, which is this one. It's not on Spotify, but is on YouTube, where I had a similar playlist, but may need to reorganise it as a lot of the videos got taken down. 

• Paid Members

The Luoe Fiasco track samples iMonster. You can tell from the vinyl crackle, and the vocoder vocals turn up at the end. 

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I made a track with my daughter; have just finished it up now. She did a really good job with the recording I think, for a 3 year old; very proud! She's heard a rough cut from when she recorded the vocals but really excited to play her the finished thing in the morning. There's some stuff for the heads in there too.

@SuperBacon - have you made any more music with your girls?

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

@SuperBacon - have you made any more music with your girls?

Not for a while actually. Most of their 'creativity' goes into their YouTube channel these days (which is excellent to be fair, and they love doing it together), but the youngest has really taken a shine to beatboxing and is getting really good. She's even started experimenting with the different sounds from mouth shapes etc, and it's obviously a thrill, with it being hip hop related.

That track is brilliant, what a natural! Is that you on the cuts?

• 5 months later...