UKFF Music Project

Vito

• Paid Members

I bought the producer edition several years ago when it was a fair bit cheaper. It still came with lifetime free upgrades - I got on the bandwagon nice and early ;)Having a quick look at the different editions - the Fruity Edition should do you just fine and is half the price. The Express version looks pretty limiting though. Depends what you want out of it I guess.Honestly I would just have a play around with the demo and see how you get on.

Cool :thumbsup: I'll get the demo and look into getting the Fruity edition (you are correct in saying the lower scale version looked a bit restricting). I'm just looking into producing good beats to be honest, its something i've always been interested in, and have had really old software in the past (several years ago) in which i made some half decent stuff on. So Hopin i can get my head around this and give it a go!cheers for the advice!

• Paid Members

Hmmm, I've been meaning to post in here for a while. I've got a whole bunch of finshed and unfinished songs sitting on my hardrive that no one's ever heard. My attempts at forming a band have failed so many times that no one has heard my stuff other than friends, who don't temd to provide objective feedback.

I'll post a few bits when I get home, would really appreciate some constructive feedback, as I'm curious to know if I should actually get off my arse and do something with this stuff. Spent most of my younger years tinkering with chords and ideas, and neverdone anything concrete other than write a bunch of songs with my friend who decided to fuck off to London rather than get off his arse and get a proper band going with me.

It's all guitar based and instrumental, but I have just started to teach myself piano, but haven't recorded anything yet. Once I have I'll post some here as well I think.

The only thing I can post now is my animation short which I wrote all the music for, it's got some of my ideas I was tinkering with at the time. This is the most I've ever done with my music. Check it out and let me know what you think:

EDIT: also, the solo I play in this:

Is probably my finest musical achievement (for what it's worth.)

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Moderators

Haven't had a chanve to check out the second vid yet but I really enjoyed that animation. I enjoyed it as a whole, and also paying particular attention to the music I thought it was scored well. The music fit the tone nicely and hit the right notes in the story at the right time. Thought it was a real slick job.

• Paid Members
Haven't had a chanve to check out the second vid yet but I really enjoyed that animation. I enjoyed it as a whole, and also paying particular attention to the music I thought it was scored well. The music fit the tone nicely and hit the right notes in the story at the right time. Thought it was a real slick job.

Cheers, glad you liked it.

I've signed up to Soundcloud and uploaded the songs in full from that film so you can hear them better.

However, when I said I wrote all the music, I've realised I lied a bit. One of the tracks, which is the first one below, is actually a cover of 'Better Living Through Chemistry' by QOTSA. I like to try and do alternate cover versions, and have a few more which I may upload here. This one is a bit long, but it's worth sticking with, as there's some neat backwards guitar towards the end

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/chemistry

These are some other songs from that film. You can see at the time I was into layering acoustic guitars. The cover above was 6 guitars, these are between 3 -5.

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/underground

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/d-new

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/country

Please bare in mind, these are quite rough. I have a habit of recording this stuff quickly without tidying it up, I always intend to but never get round to it. They're mostly just disjointed ideas.

These two are more recent, both throwaway riffs that I was trying to do something with. The second is me just attempting to write a walking bass line. Neither have a lot going for them as there's no melody, they're more just practicing recording guitars and getting ideas down. I've got loads of this crap from a couple of years ago that's never seen the light of day.

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/ditty

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/walking

I also have some complete tracks from writing songs with my best mate. I'll get to uploading them at another time. I'm also going to try recording the electric piano I've got, as I'm really liking the stuff I've come up with on it so far.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

So here's a couple more tunes since my last post. I've finally recorded some piano. Here's my latest song, which I'm pretty pleased with. Mainly because it's the first time I've managed to get a melody in one of my songs on the ivorys. Only been playing seriously for a year and can't get enough of playing it.

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/song

And here's a couple of tunes I recorded of my old band sans drummer. Just recorded on Audacity in my bedroom. The first is our Johnny Cash style cover of Don't Stop Movin' which I used to love playing. Please excuse the shoddy vocals, my mate only sang a guide vocal and we intended to record it proper but never got round it. I'm rocking the bass as well as the guitar on this one.

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/04-dont-stop-movin-1

And here's one of our songs, called Motel. It's the only song of ours that translates without drums. Most of our stuff was a bit more rocky than this, but it's one of my favourates that we wrote.

http://soundcloud.com/andyramone/motel

This is something I recorded at Christmas whilst pissed and bored and wanting to try out a new mic.

Vile Betrayer- "I'd Rather Shit In My Hand And Wipe It Through My Hair Than Get A Roundhouse Kick Off Chuck Norris"

Don't know what's gone on with the Family Guy sample at the beginning, it way quieter than I remember it being, might have to tweak that.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a shill here, but our latest album has been released today, available exclusively on Juno for the next 2 weeks, and then general release (iTunes, proper CD, other digital download places) after that.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/1914857-02.htm

It's 6 quid for the whole album as mp3, bargain! Music style is described as "Nu Jazz, Downbeat, Deep House" which I guess is fairly accurate.

Kind of a collective: myself and 3 other people writing collaboratively. I co-wrote 3 of the tracks on here, and produced the whole album.

My other project is Trademark, which is just myself and another dude; we've got an EP coming later in the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Hi all,

The following tracks are from my new projet/band 'Christopher Oranges' and will be featured on our future EP/album 'Absolutely Good'. Just so you know, we are a live group who record (me = bass) with Keys, guitars and obviously samplers and computer wizardness. Its a bit Electro Funk, Disco House, errmm, aye.

Firstly, i am sharing these for those who like creating remixes (as well as general promotion), we have several people messing around with them at the moment but the more ideas the better really. So if you fancy a crack, let me know.

Anyway, heres the tracks:

CHRISTOPHER ORANGES - ABSOLUTELY GOOD

1331665243_christopher_oranges.jpg

• Moderators
Hi all,

The following tracks are from my new projet/band 'Christopher Oranges' and will be featured on our future EP/album 'Absolutely Good'. Just so you know, we are a live group who record (me = bass) with Keys, guitars and obviously samplers and computer wizardness. Its a bit Electro Funk, Disco House, errmm, aye.

Firstly, i am sharing these for those who like creating remixes (as well as general promotion), we have several people messing around with them at the moment but the more ideas the better really. So if you fancy a crack, let me know.

Anyway, heres the tracks:

CHRISTOPHER ORANGES - ABSOLUTELY GOOD

1331665243_christopher_oranges.jpg

Wasn't nuts about the other two, but Disco Sick off there was real good!

Following on from the last thing I posted here and Loki's comments, I thought you might be interested in this other track I did a little while back... It's not a hip hop beat and is more of a complete song, rather than anything you would want to put vocals over..

Crisp Ones

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Right, I'm having another strop. I've no idea when I became such an utter technology spaz, but I can't seem to do right these days.

I want to pull a couple of old tracks off the four-track and into the laptop. I've tried Audacity, but when I record it sounds like it's being played over a telephone in a biscuit tin.

What's the easiest way to get sound into the laptop?

External USB soundcard. They can be cheap as chips if you just want a basic stereo input. Get one with two XLR or balanced inputs for best sound quality.