UKFF Music Project

Vito

• Paid Members

Does anyone here have experience copywriting their music?

My understanding is that as soon as it is recorded, it is copyrighted, but that it then has to be registered with a copyright house to show proof of when it was made and by whom.

I thought that having it uploaded on Soundcloud and the like would be enough, but I' m not so sure now.

The reason I ask is that someone in the industry (a friend of a family friend) is listening to a Demo we made recently this weekend, and all we have heard so far is 'is your music copyrighted?' Not really sure what to make of that, but it could be a step in the right direction.

It's all so vague and cryptic though, I don't want to have to pay

I never have. In the old days we'd post copies of our albums to ourselves via registered delivery and then not open them, so you have a dated sealed copy of the song to prove it's yours, but that might have been an old wives tale.

What you can do is reigster with PRS and MCPS and get your music registered with them. Again, I've never bothered as I'm selling hundreds of copies, not thousands, and not getting a huge amound of radio play, but if you do register them technically you get paid if someone plays it.

• Paid Members
Does anyone here have experience copywriting their music?

My understanding is that as soon as it is recorded, it is copyrighted, but that it then has to be registered with a copyright house to show proof of when it was made and by whom.

I thought that having it uploaded on Soundcloud and the like would be enough, but I' m not so sure now.

The reason I ask is that someone in the industry (a friend of a family friend) is listening to a Demo we made recently this weekend, and all we have heard so far is 'is your music copyrighted?' Not really sure what to make of that, but it could be a step in the right direction.

It's all so vague and cryptic though, I don't want to have to pay

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as I have no musical talent (or taste), I took up making cosmic noisescapes. To be honest, it's not got a large audience, and I don't even listen to the genre but it's fun and cathartic to make all these weird psychedelic whooshing atmospheric noises.

Lost Cosmonauts - Transmissions From Torre Bert

Nentori 8 - Poli

Edited by Forrest

• Paid Members

Not something I'd listen to, nor likely do myself, but it raised my curiosity enough to listen to three tracks. Bonus points for referencing the Lost Cosmonauts too, as I was once considering having a band with a gimmick based on them.

• Paid Members
my first recording in 5 years - im rusty so go easy on me

im looking through you

Not bad, apart from the epileptic slapping contest in the backround.

Yeah, it's pretty good, but Edgar; are you playing to a click track? If not, I recommend you do. Will really help with your timing, which will improve your playing and singing no end. At the moment it's kind of all over the place so it's hard to really here how good your singing/playing actually is.

Also, sometimes a click track can be too quite and end up confusing you if you're not used to it, so if you have Garageband or something of that ilk, then just pull up a basic drum beat from the loops and play to that. It makes everything much easier.

EDIT: just remembered I wanted to post this a little while ago on here.

Me and my musical chum wrote a song in about 2 hours the other weekend and recorded it that evening. Been playing around with the mix ever since and think it's sounding pretty tasty. The vocal is just a guide vocal and needs a better take though.

https://soundcloud.com/andyramone/you-never-call-mk2

Just a filler song really but I think it's got a nice groove going. Writing and recording a song all in one day is mega satisfying.

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Guys Im A Wolverhampton Based Singer That Has Uploaded Some Covers That Id Really Be Grateful If You Could Check Them Out And Leave Me Some Feedback

https://soundcloud.com/#mark-bvb-price

Also Got A Band Called After All Which Are On Facebook Www.Facebook.com/afteralluk

We Havent Got Any Music Up On There Yet Though Recording In August For A January 2014 Ep Launch And A Summer 2014 Uk Tour

Thanks Guys

• Paid Members

Alright Guys Im A Wolverhampton Based Singer That Has Uploaded Some Covers That Id Really Be Grateful If You Could Check Them Out And Leave Me Some Feedbackhttps://soundcloud.com/#mark-bvb-priceAlso Got A Band Called After All Which Are On Facebook Www.Facebook.com/afteralluk We Havent Got Any Music Up On There Yet Though Recording In August For A January 2014 Ep Launch And A Summer 2014 Uk Tour Thanks Guys

Obviously, you need to drop the Capital Letters gimmick if you wanna endear yourself to anyone.It's hard to give you any feedback, because it's just you singing into a dodgy dictaphone with no music. If you want feedback on your voice, I'd say you need a bit of work. The high notes are a struggle. But you can hold a note generally. Also, you seem more concerned with having a style to your voice than actually singing in tune. And, you're not American.But to be honest, I can't sing for shit, I just stick to the guitar. So don't take what I'm saying as any great authority.Try at least recording yourself with some music, even just strumming on a guitar. And invest in a half decent condenser mic (my Behringer C-1 cost