UKFF Music Project

Vito

• Paid Members

I've been using Reaper which isn't bad at all for a free* piece of software. Just finished a piano piece which took some doing as I'm an utter novice:

My Soundcloud page.

There's an old one on there too if you fancy critiquing. No singing on either track because, quite simply, I can't.

*The trial ended but it still works. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Nice loop. It needs a counter rhythm to pick it up, a main beat that adds some swing. And some mass flute ;)

I've got a cracking slow hiphop track that's 90% finished. The record label doesn't seem interested in it (not really a hiphop label), so I might bung it up here for y'all to hear at least.

• Moderators

I definitely wanna hear that.

You know I gots mad flute samples! But I'm liking this quite nice and simple. Listening back this morning, I'm gonna fuck with the drums so they knock a bit harder (the cymbal in particular needs to be seriously harsh and offensive), which should give it some swing with the offbeat hats (of which there will probably be more of), and maybe throw in some other percussion but let it be as is apart from that.

I'd try a snare on the triplet beat of the first bar of the break loop, in traditional boom-bap style (i.e dropping just before it normally does). Give it a little skip. Been trying to find a youtube example but I'm shit at youtube searches.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Listening through some old shit I did the other day and I found this beat taht I remember Kendal Mint Cake really liked that flips a Diana & Marvin sample. I thought it still sounded pretty nice so I've chucked it up on soundcloud... so I'm putting it here, probably just for Kendal's benefit really.

Everything

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I done uploaded a new track.

I don't upload everything I record, but I'm really quite pleased with this one. Flipped the original soul sample on this hard synth beat, with a shredding guitar solo. I think it all works pretty micely together.

Check it out!

Hey Loki - what's happening with that hip hop track you recorded? Still languishing unreleased? I wanna hear it!

Oh shit.. he's suspended at the minute isn't he? I think that just reduced the number of people who will click on this track by about 33%.

• Paid Members
Cheers guys!

I did wonder, Burch, if any metal fans would be able to tell what the original sample I chopped up for the solo was. It's from one of my alltime favourite albums.

I can't quite place it, but it does sound like Metallica's cover of Am I Evil? in part.