UKFF Music Project

Vito

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Back once again!

Edit: Genius. Got the name of the song that ripped the acapella from wrong. Hah.

Remix of the Prince Po track "Hold Dat" that I've done.. I really quite pleased with it apart maybe from the piano on the chorus. Yes, the drums don't really vary at all, but I'm OK with that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Nice one, Chest, will check that out later.

Was recording something myself but my Bass died so I need to either get it fixed or get a new one. I'll probably get a new one then get the old one fixed.

• Moderators

Haha.

The power cable for my midi keyboard died not long ago which has been really annoying. Finally got around to gettin g a new one the other day, got it home and it doesn't fit. The guy sold me the wrong one. Despite checking on his computer the model of my keyboard. :(:dickin:

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Re-up time!

Who's working on what? Anyone doing any recording recently?

I have been doing some, but my laptop seems to be dying; it just crashes or turns itself off all the time. So I'm saving frequently, and punching things in anger even more frequently.

Nonetheless, I'm still getting some stuff done.

I thought I'd throw up this little beat I made last weekend. I was listening to this Cuban jazz record and a track came on that was just begging to be cut up. So I chopped some samples and got stuck in.

I've kept it very simple and not fucked with it too much because it's a nice sample that deserves to be heard, dammit.

Here is the track.

I thought I would throw up the original that it was sampled from also, though, in the hope that it might generate some kind of discussion. Any ideas where I could do this to?

Since the last time this thread was updated I've mixed and mastered an entire album, which is now sitting in the record label's inbox waiting to be released. They seem to have run smack bang out of money and had to delay release until next year.I like the samples, Chest, especially the one in the breakdown. I reckon the track needs a hook though, over top of the main loop.

I've just been looking, but she's not put anything up on youtube or soundcloud yet. I'll find out if I can share anything from it around.Dunno - a scratched vocal, or something. To be honest, this is why I don't write a lot of hiphop - without a decent MC I struggle to flesh a track out.

• Paid Members

I use Fruity Loops (or rather, FL Studio) for sequencing. I use Cool Edit for chopping samples.Nothing you get for free legally will be any good if you're looking to make sample-based music. But I'm sure you can find some illegal software pretty easily.

Not that i would be doing that at all..... ;) but seriously though, i have heard it is one of the better ones to use. Which version do you have? Having looked into buying them some versions are cheap, whilst others are really pricey!

• Moderators

I bought the producer edition several years ago when it was a fair bit cheaper. It still came with lifetime free upgrades - I got on the bandwagon nice and early ;)Having a quick look at the different editions - the Fruity Edition should do you just fine and is half the price. The Express version looks pretty limiting though. Depends what you want out of it I guess.Honestly I would just have a play around with the demo and see how you get on.