UKFF Music Project

Vito

• Paid Members

Nice to see this thread back.

Here's something I've been playing around with on the piano for ages, and I finally recorded it and added everything else to see what it sounds like. Was pretty pleased with the result.

https://soundcloud.com/andyramone/going-home

Sadly, my friend who I used to write songs with hasn't bothered coming up with a melody or lyrics, so it's just sitting on my computer doing nowt. I might stick it on hitrecord to see if someone else can do something with it.

• Moderators

I forgot all about that this totally. Then came to bump this thread cos I've just spent another Friday evening in the lab and so I've gone and had a listen.

That's really nice Chilly.. it'll be a shame for it to go unfinished! Particularly liked when it hits about 2:40 and the guitar drops out.

Here's what I've been up to tonight - https://soundcloud.com/thanuts/little-wonder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
That's really nice Chilly.. it'll be a shame for it to go unfinished! Particularly liked when it hits about 2:40 and the guitar drops out.

Thanks Chest. Next time I see my friend I'm gonna demand he does something with it.

Here's something I recorded the other night on a whim. I came up with the main riff sitting infront of the TV, and the rest is pretty much improvised. Added some drum loops and a bassline. Think it's got potential, but takes a while to get going. Not bad for an evening's work. Sometimes the best things come to you when you're not even trying.

https://soundcloud.com/andyramone/skippin-blues

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

For those that know about this stuff:

A lad I know is selling an 'M Audio Quattro', and as I still don't have a interface for Cubase, he's mentioned it to me. Is it much cop? How much should I be offering him for it?

• Moderators

I'm sure it'll do the job just fine... But I don't know what equipment you use though / what inputs you need.

For example I got a pretty simple one, but I went for one with a 1/4" jack input for guitar, a phono in and a usb in as I needed those, but no midi input on mine because it's no use to me. (Tascam US-100)

You can get some pretty decent ones on a budget depending on what your requirements are. Also you might want to consider a new one that will be USB 3.0 ..? Not sure, as I've not looked into them recently.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I finally managed to get Audacity working properly today. Turns out it was the noise reduction and anti-echo malarky in the laptop itself that was making everything sound like it was being played through some pound shop headphone in a biscuit tin.

As I've been watching the series again this week, and as I love the tune so much, I had a bash at the theme tune to Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy today. I got a bit carried away with maxing out the reverb, and the super meaty rhythm guitars have disappeared in the mix a bit. I used my daughter's bright pink Squier for most of it, and it sounded fantastic. I only used my Ibanez for the echoey whiney noises, as the Squier doesn't have the arm for the trem.