UKFF Music Project

Vito

JLM hasn't even posted in this thread so I have no idea what you're on about.

He is on about the Rap Battle, which either me or Butch were obviously going to win so the paid member mafia put a stop to it.

I'll give this a whirl, Vito, great idea. I'm not sure when I'll have the time but I'll certainly have a pop. I will more than likely use Garageband and guitars, plus I may use my winning rap skillz if you're unlucky.

• Paid Members

Well, I've spent a good few hours on this this evening. First time I've sat down and composed something just for fun in absolute years. The MIDI track is all done (and, to be honest, could quite easily get away without anything else being added to it), but I'l whack it over to the four track tomorrow or Friday, give the drums a good fucking, and then stick on a guitar or two and mix in the sample.

So happy with it I am, I'm tempted to edit together a little video for it, and have YouTube host it.

• Paid Members
Can't you just use an old version of Cubase?

I know one of my mates still runs a rather old version of Cubase in Windows for all his recording..

Quite posibbley. I had a look around last night, and the latest Cubase looks quite daunting, and a bit similar to the M-Box2/Pro-Tools layout that I couldn't get to grips with.

There's the simpler Cubase Essentials, and there's also Sequel 2, which to me looks like more or less the same thing.

Also, would I need some kind of analogue to digital interface to plug a guitar into a laptop? If so, do they come as standard with the software? M-Box came with an actual box that went into the USB with XLR and line in sockets.

Need to get a pre-amp. I got an M-Audio Fast Track with Ableton Live Lite 6, mainly for my voice acting auditions, but it's designed primarily for music. It's not top-of-the-range, but it's decently priced - but you'd need to buy your own XLR cable, and you'd probably need a mike with Phantom Power.

• Paid Members

Mics and cables aren't a problem 'cos I've still got all my stuff from when I was gigging. Diaphragm mic would be nice, but the 1950s sci-fi dildo shaped SM57 wannabe I've got is fine in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well, I couldn't be arsed to put a video together for it, so I just stuck some random photo's over it. Seems to have picked up a fair bit of noise when being compressed for YouTube, but it's not too bad.

No stock loops involved. All drum patterns and synths sequenced by me. The only thing not from me is the dialogue.

• Paid Members

Im not really sure what the crack is here, people are showcasing their own tunes from what i can see.. To form a collective?

Anyway, here's one of mine, everything i have online are samples of what i make... not full versions but a min or 2's worth of tracks. I never use samples, everything is created. Everything is also created for media purpose, hence why they arnt 'songs' as such.

This one was inspired by Puro wrestling:

Legend Masurau

I'll post other stuff, but i have a collection of my personal creations and loads of my band stuff to.

nice one

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
This one was inspired by Puro wrestling:

Legend Masurau

I like. It's got that vibe to it that a lot of the .sid remixers have, which was something I had in mind when I did the warbbly melody bit in mind (hence the blatent "power up" sound).