Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

something needs to be done here...

Bigfoot Silva gets stopped again in Russia. This time by mental racist bloke Datsik, this is just sad.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

There's only one way this is going to end at this rate and it's Silva dying in the ring. It's 2022 and the fight game isn't a lot less shady than it was 70 years ago. It's sad to see. 

• Paid Members

is there any other fighter in MMA that has declined as badly as Bigfoot Silva? you see that kind of thing regular in Boxing but its not so common in MMA.

Chuck Liddell and Renan Barao spring to mind but Bigfoot Silva in on a whole different level of slop, and its across multiple disciplines.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

is there any other fighter in MMA that has declined as badly as Bigfoot Silva? you see that kind of thing regular in Boxing but its not so common in MMA.

Chuck Liddell and Renan Barao spring to mind but Bigfoot Silva in on a whole different level of slop, and its across multiple disciplines.

Silva must be the wildest decline ever when you look at how long its dragged on for and also the sheer amount of damage.

Lets take the Fedor win (where he really dominated Fedor) as the high point of his career. That was February of 2011! Right after that he took back to back TKO's to DC and Cain. From memory, DC broke his own hand with a really brutal hammer fist so that cannot have been pleasant. Its been almost all downhill since then except the short run of form where he beat Travis Browne and then upset Overeem. 

Since then, in MMA alone, he suffered KO's or TKO's to Cain (again), Arlovski, Mir, Hunt, Struve, Nelson and Minakov. Those are just the relatively high profile ones as he also got battered off of a few others who dont even have Wikipedia entries on various Russian shows. There was also the draw in the first fight with Hunt where he took tremendous punishment then popped for high test. 

Outside of that, the Bare Knuckle, Boxing and Kickboxing KO's are starting to pile up now. I havent seen the Gonzago or Verhooven losses but I assume they are pretty fucking brutal?

So in summary we are looking at over a decade of this shite. Very sad that coaches keep taking his money and whoever manages him is out there getting him matched. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, wandshogun09 said:

MMA media doesn’t even seem to touch it anymore and it’s fucking shameful that he’s repeatedly being allowed to go out there and get his brains scrambled time and time again.

Certain outlets are covering the demise of Silva, and they tend to take the same view most of us on here do by the looks of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 8/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Egg Shen said:

i think that's broken

I dunno Egg. Maybe someone could fix it with a lump of vaseline, an answell, and a slap on the ass saying 'looking good brother'. Good as new. 

• Paid Members

There was a thread for last season.

I had planned on watching this week but got caught up, sounds like it was a great show. From the clips i have seen, Dana seems more into the Contender Series than the actual PPV's these days. Great to see Chris Duncan score a contract too.

Bo Nickal is on next week's show so i'll be watching that one. I still don't think ive seen a full Contenders show.

Bo Nickal, he's been getting a lot of hype hasn't he, didnt he have a fight in Masvidals promotion recently?

caught seika izawa's fight from rizin last weekend last night. She been getting a tonne of hype, fighting in the atmoweight division, she looks the real deal like 

• Paid Members

Yeah, Nickal has a lot of buzz around him. Mainly because he's a massively decorated amateur wrestler. He's only 1-0 as a Pro, so he's coming into the UFC early days. It's a very UFC thing to do either, it feels like a Bellator type move, but the UFC are clearly high on Nickal. Fights out of ATT as well.

• Paid Members

Dana White's Contender Series tonight, i'm 100% breaking my duck with this one.

FZM8ZeuWAAAcAbX.thumb.jpg.0d19784159a1b006a8c1b9d2976990cf.jpg

Interested to see what happens with Nickal. If he win's but isn't impressive will Dana make an exception and give him the contract because he's one of the better prospects in the sport. He's a 1/33 favorite so they've laid it up here for him to win big.

Wanna see that Silva/Boynazarov fight too. Boynazarov is a Glory Kickboxer who's crossed over to MMA, currently 3-0 with 3 KO's. Could be a fun one.