Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

So many old school vibes in that Cage Warriors main event, Djati Melan took down and lay on Matt Bonner for 4 rounds doing slow but constant g&p was all very 90's era Tito Ortiz. Then Bonner rallied in round 5 to almost score one of the great comebacks. It wasnt a good fight, but it was dramatic. I dont think Melan won himself many fans. Handy to have a French Champion to move into France with though, which is the plan for next year.

Other real highlight was Christian Leeroy Duncan who mowed through an UKMMA vet in a couple of minutes. He's only 5-0 but is cornered by Mark Weir and looks the business, keep an eye on him. Petesy Carroll was impressed.

Other notable moment was another loss for Oban Elliott. Cage Warriors seem to be grooming Elliott in that Paddy Pimblett mould. Brash, cocky young fighter who stirs up a lot of interest on social media. He even has Chael Sonnen shouting him out on the MMA Hour. He got hammered though, really seems to be a case of trying to run before he can walk. Hopefully he bounces back cause there's something there.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

anyone catch this clip of Polish legend Mahmed Khalidov getting flattened last weekend by Roberto Soldic in KSW?

Khalidov recieved multiple facial fractures and his eye socket was sunk in 1cm after the KO. Brutal. Soldic is a bad man, now a double champ in KSW and has won 17 of his 20 wins by KO. The kind of guy id love to see in the UFC but will likely stay in KSW and make bank.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm sure, but in the long term, can they match the kind of cash that the Big Two can offer at their highest level? I guess it's a case of whether or not the fighter wants to bet on him/herself to do well in the big leagues or not.

• Paid Members

i dunno its a weird one. The celebrity and comfortable living of just staying and doing it in Poland is probably enough for some fighters. Not alot of KSW Champions transition over. Its probably to do with the entry level UFC pay being much lower than what they earn with KSW.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:35 PM, Egg Shen said:

i dunno its a weird one. The celebrity and comfortable living of just staying and doing it in Poland is probably enough for some fighters. Not alot of KSW Champions transition over. Its probably to do with the entry level UFC pay being much lower than what they earn with KSW.

I imagine they’d have to factor flying their whole camp over as well. That would eat into the purse. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Former Bellator Champ Eduardo Dantas whooped some fella at an FAC show the other night:

The show was being filmed for a Dana White Looking For a Fight show and Dantas somehow didn't get one of the two contracts. Bink.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dunno if any of you have a DAZN subscription for the Boxing? but just noticed they've quietly added Brave CF to their schedule. They've been showing the IMAFF's today and have Brave 57 listed to be shown live Friday afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...