Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

the great man Mariusz Pudzianwski fights in KSW tonight. Taking on fellow Polish MMA legend Michael Materla. Bit of an old school superfight, a heavyweight against a natural middleweight, KSW do what they want.

Pudz is now 25 fights into his pro career, he's come along way since that weird ass start against Tim Sylvia, gotta respect the man for sticking around though.

20220528_121344.thumb.jpg.6e33c3d13bed03d6b7968cff9537e6a6.jpg

• Paid Members

Materla must have felt like he'd been hit by a Scania. 

Not a fan of these sponsor "tattoo's" though. Dreadful looking. I'd have thought shorts and t-shirts would have been grand, but if it's netting the fighters extra dough above the normal then good luck to 'em. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Considering there's a ridiculous amount of MMA on this weekend, no one's gonna be paying much attention of this, but I recommend you try to catch at least the main event of this event, Ares 7 in France. I currently have Fight Pass, so im trying to take advantage of the random events they put on and cherry pick fights that catch my eye.

ARES-7_4979186390138424975.thumb.jpg.730e70c4deb77957d717caa853a7646b.jpg

Abdoul "The Lazy King" Abouraguimov vs. Karl "Psycho" Amoussou.

The pull here is The Lazy King. He's Russian but based in France I believe and is a big deal for Ares as a promotion. He's not the typical stoic Russian fighter, he comes out having fun and has a crazy personality. I saw him walk through UFC vet. Godofredy Pepey on an Ares card earlier in the year and he made a fan out of me. I'm a fan of Amoussou too who's been around the block but always brings it, this should be good. 

Ares is a good watch, big sold out arena's, and a hot crowd, it's good stuff.

The actual card has some familiar names on there. Renan Barao finally returns after 3 cancelled fights in 3 different promotions, I don't know what the hell is going on with him but he's down to fight, who knows it it happens!? 

FVxDQsoWQAAozPh.thumb.jpg.c3a55326c2d4e9fb1f03a137b6834ead.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That they had a standby waiting says it all about the confidence Ares had in Barao actually making it to the cage. I don’t think I’ll ever fully wrap my head around Barao’s insane plummet from champ to chump. 

• Paid Members

Bigfoot Silva got knocked out AGAIN in Moscow last night.

image.gif.1f994e016dbd444cc7c163f265fd1133.gif

At this point this is almost like MMA’s dirty little secret that everyone just turns away from and pretends isn’t happening. I had no idea he was even fighting this weekend until I saw the knockout pop up on my Twitter this morning. MMA media doesn’t even seem to touch it anymore and it’s fucking shameful that he’s repeatedly being allowed to go out there and get his brains scrambled time and time again.

He’s now lost 7 in a row and been knocked out in 6 of them. If you go back a bit further he’s 3-12-0-1 in his last 16 and has been knocked out in 11 of them. And that’s just counting his MMA fights. You can also throw in him getting battered by Rico Verhoeven in GLORY in 2017 and getting sparked by Gonzaga in Bare Knuckle in 2019. I know he’s a grown man and it’s ultimately his choice and all that but someone really needs to step in. His family, friends, coaches, teammates etc. Maybe they’ve tried to talk him off the ledge, I’m sure some of them have. But he’s got to be stopped. You’d hope fight promoters would just refuse to book him but expecting promoters to actually care and have any kind of morals seems too much to ask.

• Paid Members

It's like the whole Bob Sapp situation but much worse. Whereas Sapp literally hit the deck first chance he got, Bigfoot is dumb and brave enough to actually go in and have a go and he's getting his lights turned out every single time.

At least someone at Eagle FC or the actual commission had the sense to pull him out of that proposed fight with Tyrone Spong earlier in the year.